Five days to go until get together

prroh

Captain
Honored Fallen Comrade
YEP, the clock is ticking until we meet at Gettysburg June 11th - 13th. We will gather at our meeting place, the Three Crowns motel on Sunday night and and leave at 9 Am to visit the battlefield. Not too late to join us. There will be a good chance to associate real people with internet postings.

Just let us know if you will join us.

Look at the Travel Forum for details. Should be a fun as well as educational time.

The major restriction is that glass bottles are are not allowed poolside.

Now two days. Good thing G'Burg has stores to amend the things I will certainly forget.

I just saw the weather for Sunday through Wednesday--mid-80s to low 90s. It would figure that the day I plan to daytrip, Tuesday, will be the hottest! Stock up on the water, folks, before you get to the VC--go get a couple 24 packs from Giant the night before, which is MUCH cheaper than NPS water!

The good thing about it is you'll be experiencing the battlefield with meterological authenticity! :smile:

Will have water for the road. Will probably buy more there. Guess someone will know where the stores are.

Ticks don't bother me. Neither do mosquitoes, but those Black Flies do. Nevertheless, I will heed the warnings and pick up some high-Deet repellant. And wear my totally inappropriate, for shorts, straw Stetson.

I no longer like headgear, however, being out in that sun for as long as we will be, I do not wish to sunburn my thinning scalp. (No, Diane, you wouldn't take mine no matter how much the white appealed.)

Back