FINALS: Destination CWT Muster 2020

Finals: Destination CWT Muster 2020 Vote for the one(s) you would likely attend one east one west

• WEST: Shiloh & vicinity TN

Votes: 44 49.4%
  • WEST: Franklin & vicinity TN

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • EAST: Antietam & vicinity MD

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • EAST: Fredericksburg & vicinity VA

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • EAST: Charleston or Savannah & Vicinity GA/SC

Votes: 26 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Neither is my son
I thought I was missing someone. All I have are my hand written notes at home. The final list is on my desktop pc at work. That means we had a total of 26 including our guide Norman on Saturday.

Reactions: Sbc
Neither is my son
Yep it was 26. Here is the Saturday night dinner picture. There's 24 in it. I took the picture and our guide,Norman,went home after we finished at Snodgrass Hill that afternoon,so we aren't in it:

IMG_20181026_210026801.jpg

I think the attraction to Gettysburg for a destination in part is it is self contained too. You don’t have to drive much to be anywhere As compared to a place like Antietam. Don’t get me wrong Antietam is wonderful in fact I rate it my favorite CW battlefield. But if you want to explore the area you have to drive a good ways except maybe to Shepardstown.

If you have photos to share, please do because the majority of our members have never had the opportuniuty to visit this histroic property. Additionally, as it appears that the city of Memphis is going to be successful to remove General and Mrs. Forrest's remains back to where they were first interred.
Regards
David
I may be wrong, but I believe that I read somewhere that Forrest actually wanted to be buried at Elmwood close to his men.

Looks like Shiloh and Antietam have garnered the majority of support in the voting.

WEST: Shiloh
@ucvrelics has volunteered to serve as Quartermaster for the Shiloh event. He will be recruiting a volunteer team to assist with planning and implementation. If you'd like to help, please send him a PM.
EAST: Antietam
Although Antietam received 40 votes in the poll, as far as I know, no one has volunteered to serve as Quartermaster for this event. @dlavin @ErnieMac @rpkennedy @Stone in the wall @22ndGa and anyone else who lives in the area.....any interest in QMing the event?

The attraction with the east is all lost cause since the lines barely moved. just distracts from the west where the war was won.:D

I would say it's also a result from our natural need to simplify events, especially wars. It's similar to how we look at the Great War and assume that the whole war was similar to what you saw in France, trenches galore. This of course completely dismissed such things as the more open nature of the Russian Front or how the Italian front was more mountainous.

When starting out with CWT gatherings here would be rotated East to West etc. I see the voting has upset some.
Don't know why. First 2 were in the East,next 2 were in the West,next year there will be one of each. Sounds pretty even to me.

Don't know why. First 2 were in the East,next 2 were in the West,next year there will be one of each. Sounds petty even to me.

It's simply a case of "My pick wasn't chosen so I'm gonna pout". My nieces and nephews will do this when they didn't get to have their ice-cream and didn't get to go to their choice of fast food joint.

Back