Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It looks boring

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Justin M.

Private
I've posted this link within the reenactor portion of CWT and we've gotten some great feedback. I'm making a film about the legacy of the Civil War through exploring the lives of reenactors and I'm curious to hear what non-reenactors have think. We've travelled throughout the country since 2013 and we're in post production now.

Please take a moment to watch our 10 minute teaser clip and let me know what you think! All critical and positive feedback is welcome.

http://www.whentodie.com/watch/

We're also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WhenToDieFilm/

Last edited:
I've posted this link within the reenactor portion of CWT and we've gotten some great feedback. I'm making a film about the legacy of the Civil War through exploring the lives of reenactors and I'm curious to hear what non-reenactors have think. We've travelled throughout the country since 2013 and we're in post production now.

Please take a moment to watch our 10 minute teaser clip and let me know what you think! All critical and positive feedback is welcome.

http://www.whentodie.com/watch/

I can't watch this at 4 a.m. because everyone is asleep- really like the concept. Have frequently been intrigues by the war's impact in my family- only have one child of 4 who won't yawn if I bring the topic up. :chicken: That's me being chicken to mention it elsewhere. Fair enough, everyone has their own interests. Be very interested hearing other's thread through Time. Thanks for bringing it here!

Re-enactors are weird. Especially the ones who also belong to a Round Table where civilized folk gather :smile:

Wish you the best of luck with the project - looks like fun. Good production values

I watched the video and found these guys to be pretty well grounded in reality. But I know what you are saying as well...your Round Table reference.....sometimes they are like a hybrid of Camelot and Harry Potter.

I appreciate the fact that these folks making the movie took the time and effort for "altrudacious" purposes.

I watched the video and found these guys to be pretty well grounded in reality. But I know what you are saying as well...your Round Table reference.....sometimes they are like a hybrid of Camelot and Harry Potter.

I appreciate the fact that these folks making the movie took the time and effort for "altrudacious" purposes.

I'm probably missing something, but what does "altrudacious" mean? Is this a play on "altruistic"?

Inattentive driving! Book'em Dano!

Haha, well payed sir! That's the first time that we've received that comment about this teaser, so thanks for the new perspective! We'll make a note that this film might be a good example for new drivers on how to drive distractedly without texting.

I can't watch this at 4 a.m. because everyone is asleep- really like the concept. Have frequently been intrigues by the war's impact in my family- only have one child of 4 who won't yawn if I bring the topic up. :chicken: That's me being chicken to mention it elsewhere. Fair enough, everyone has their own interests. Be very interested hearing other's thread through Time. Thanks for bringing it here!

Did you get a chance to take a look? Do you think it's something that you would want to watch with your family? (the language will be G-rated in the final cut)

Re-enactors are weird. Especially the ones who also belong to a Round Table where civilized folk gather :smile:

Wish you the best of luck with the project - looks like fun. Good production values

Reenactors are super passionate, super dedicated and most have a little bit of thespian in them. I think they are putting on a show for people a lot of the time. We're trying to get past that stigma that all reenactors are strange and inaccessible. After I spent a lot of time in the community, I came to the conclusion that reenacting is just as strange as dedicating a lot of your time and money to any other hobby. It's just really public. It just so happens that reenacting as a hobby is based on an extremely difficult time in our history and this portrayal of war causes all spectators of this hobby to be critical of this portrayal. But who knows, maybe I've just taken one too many sips of Apple Pie around the campfire and now I can't tell what's weird and what's not :smile: Thanks for the comment!

Did you get a chance to take a look? Do you think it's something that you would want to watch with your family? (the language will be G-rated in the final cut)

Hate to sound foolish- only time this past month I've been able to shake loose from intense activity elsewhere has been early morning- but the interest is sincere on a few levels! Have not in fact gotten back here to watch. The concept's been tossed around here a few times. Can't remember if a sociologist or some branch of family psychologist ever brought anything here by way of articles or documents? Your project sounds so much tied in-and not in an excusatory way. Hee- I think it was Ole here who once wrote of a young man on Facebook who blamed his own current lack of ambition on Sherman having gone through his family's town. :roflmao:

Using reenactors is brilliant. They'd have a sense of what the war was, how its legacy would be identified where most could not.

Back