Field Carriage #1 parts

tayloradio

Cadet
I have a 10 pdr Parrott on a #1 field carriage. On removing a wheel for repair the iron locking lynch pin was damaged. I have been unable to find a replacement. Lynch pins I have found have either been straight without the half moon retaining clip or with the retaining clip but made of stainless steel.
Does anyone know where I might find a #1 field carriage wheel iron locking lynch pin? Attached is a photo.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Finished Lynch Pins labeled.jpg

Welcome From The Heart Of Dixie. If you will drop me a PM I can make you one that will match your other one or you can see if Ken has one that will match.
http://www.cannonpartsltd.com/
Thanks for you offer of help. I did not dawn on me until my farrier stopped by to shoe my horses that a farrier IS a blacksmith. I was able to give the broken lynch pin to him Friday and he made a new cast iron pin and fit it into the wrought iron head and clip today. So I'm now back in business. But, again, thanks for the offer to make one for me!

Thanks for you offer of help. I did not dawn on me until my farrier stopped by to shoe my horses that a farrier IS a blacksmith. I was able to give the broken lynch pin to him Friday and he made a new cast iron pin and fit it into the wrought iron head and clip today. So I'm now back in business. But, again, thanks for the offer to make one for me!
Are you using your horses to move the cannon?

Back