Fictional Impressions: "Man with NO Name" Thoughts?

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this query, and taken the time to provide detail as to why my impression would not be appropriate at a CW event, while at the same time mentioning other themed alternatives. Following this thread and reading the postings has given me considerable pause for thought on how to do things correctly within this hobby, and I'd rather read and listen to what's being said here vs just showing up at an event and going about things all wrong. So I'm certainly grateful to everyone who's helped to steer me in the right direction.

During the Civil War he was a bounty hunter (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly). There is also a series of books which were written from the movies by Joe Millard. I had them all. Maybe six or seven books were written in all. He was always a bounty hunter, never a soldier. it might be ok for some western shooting event. Although I might guess there would be several others in the costume. Who knows, but definitely nothing for any Civil War events.

That's really interesting...I had no idea there were books written as a continuation of his character. Did any of them bring Tuco back in the storyline or were they all stand-alone stories?

I'd just like to point out that there was indeed the civil war in the New Mexico territory. The Confederates did invade and eventually were replused. There is a big event next year a out it, Blood on the Rio Grande.

I'd just like to point out that there was indeed the civil war in the New Mexico territory. The Confederates did invade and eventually were replused. There is a big event next year a out it, Blood on the Rio Grande.

I'm highly, highly doubtful this impression would be allowed at "Blood on the Rio Grande".

Also its funny that "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" never showed Valverde, Glorietta Pass, Peralta, or heck even Messilla. But at least they mention Glorietta. I guess Sergio Leone thought the real battles didn't match up with his vision.

What would a western gunfighter be doing at a Civil War battle?

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was a spaghetti western set during the campaigns in the southwest.

Accurate? No. Entertaining? Certainly.

See
https://www.historynet.com/desert-warriors.htm

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/civil-war/operations-southwest

thegoodthebadandtheugly17A.jpg

Back