Few Photos On Lincoln's First Time.......

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
And no, I do not mean his first time wearing a shirt, as a country bumpkin being shoved on to the National Scene. It's that loop in which he forever walks and rides like when he served district back in Illinois- we see him between one moment in History and another, frozen and ever great, destined if we but knew to ride through those points one by one by one by one, Forever and after death.

" Lincolns First Time "in this case refers to his innaugeration, found a few photos I had not previously bumped into- of everyone else has, please excuse!

lincolns inaugwhen.jpg

lincoln inau4 - Copy.jpg

lincoln in2 - Copy.jpg

My grgrgrandparents were in the crowd somewhere. Always gives me th good kind of willies when that hits me. My grgrandmother and her twin sister were carted along for the second- makes me feel even close t History, don't ask me why.

Had to log out in a big hurry yesterday too early to put any more early Washington photos up- LoC has a fair amount for anyone interested in era DC. A big snore, I know if one is interested in just the battles and soldiers- these ' backdrop' photos always give me chills. Washington is my favorite, but there's a super thread on Richmond, a few other cities. You just knew there had to be more photographs then the ones in common usage, and more out there than the ones in LoC and Archives, too.

That was when the inauguration was held on the East Front of the Capitol, facing what is now the Supreme Court and the Library of Congress. I believe it wasn't until Reagan's first inauguration in 1981 that it was moved to the West Front, overlooking the Mall.

SO funny, did not notice that- all those Presidents. Reagan was relatively recent since all of them after Lincoln had a camera preserving the moment. And rats, thank you Andy! It's like talking to someone for 20 minutes then they ask if you think it looks better now they've shaved their mustache off.

Back