Federal Coercion and National Constitutional Identity 1776-1861

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

trice

Lt. Colonel
If you can show me an example of the supposed "right of secession" that was claimed by "the South" ever in existence anywhere before the Civil War, I'll show you what you want. My position is that no such "right" ever existed and that the entire claim was a bunch of hooey.
10th Amendment. How many times do I need to keep saying this?
Nowhere does it say such a right exists. Nowhere in history before "the South" claimed it will you find an example of a "right of secession", leading to the conclusion that there is no such "right". If you think there is such a "right of secession", please show us your proof.
Secession was provided by the 10th Amendment.
You have enough from me to understand what. If you don’t understand there is nothing I can do about that. :smile coffee:
Why do you continue to avoid providing documentation for what you claim when asked?
Why do you keep asking the same old question that has been explained to you many times by myself and others?
Because none of you has ever shown that a "right of secession" exists or that the Tenth Amendment has anything to do with such a "right". If you think it does, please provide some support for what you claim.

Rebforever

Lt. Colonel
Because none of you has ever shown that a "right of secession" exists or that the Tenth Amendment has anything to do with such a "right". If you think it does, please provide some support for what you claim.
I already have. Many times here as well as others. If you don’t understand what I have posted there is nothing I can do.

trice

Lt. Colonel
I already have. Many times here as well as others. If you don’t understand what I have posted there is nothing I can do.
Since you refuse to explain yourself, no one will ever know what you think. Too bad -- I'd actually like to see someone, anyone, make a reasonable case for the existence of a "right of secession".

Rebforever

Lt. Colonel
Since you refuse to explain yourself, no one will ever know what you think. Too bad -- I'd actually like to see someone, anyone, make a reasonable case for the existence of a "right of secession".
I have already explained myself. AS I have previously posted, I can’t help you to understand.

trice

Lt. Colonel
So, does anyone want to talk about the development of the concept of Federal coercion as it applies to the Civil War?