February 11th Video Discussion: George Picket, in Life and Legend

@civilwartalk please do transcript

*sorry guys, I completely forgot, and now transcripts are different and I am not sure how to do it anymore
No problem, if anyone has seen the video (In life and legend) and wants to continue the discussion or raise any points then I’d welcome it at the Pickett forum.

Thanks guys, I did enjoy reading the transcript!
And you may say against Sallie Pickett whatever you want, but she is a really talented and entertaining writer. I have read both her books "What happened to me" and "Across my path" and I liked them a lot.

Heck, eventually Pettigrew dies in action and trimble loses a leg and is captured. Pickett sulks.

Just a small note: Pettigrew was mortally wounded in action, but not at Gettysburg. At Gettysburg he did receive a very painful, but not life-threatening wound in the hand. A little later, July 14th, 1863, at Falling Waters, where he led his men again from the front he was fatally shot in the stomach at short range. He might even have had a small chance to survive if he had stayed where he was wounded and got captured (and cared for) by the Union army, but he refused and said he would rather die than fall in the hands of the Union army (or something to that effect). So he eventually died three days later at Bunker Hill from that terrible wound.

Thanks guys, I did enjoy reading the transcript!
And you may say against Sallie Pickett whatever you want, but she is a really talented and entertaining writer. I have read both her books "What happened to me" and "Across my path" and I liked them a lot.

Just a small note: Pettigrew was mortally wounded in action, but not at Gettysburg. At Gettysburg he did receive a very painful, but not life-threatening wound in the hand. A little later, July 14th, 1863, at Falling Waters, where he led his men again from the front he was fatally shot in the stomach at short range. He might even have had a small chance to survive if he had stayed where he was wounded and got captured (and cared for) by the Union army, but he refused and said he would rather die than fall in the hands of the Union army (or something to that effect). So he eventually died three days later at Bunker Hill from that terrible wound.
I should have specified. I meant in battle not specifically the charge.

Back