Favorite hotel in/near Gettysburg?

Definitely planning on having our own car. Candlewood Suites sounds like a nice option as well. Chambersburg is about as far as I'd like to be but a nice suite to stay in with a kitchen would be nice!

Some people have brought up a good point I cannot drive so I stay close to the park but there are some lovely hotels 10 min. away at half the price. PS a lot of what I was saying this in wasn't fun I am certainly not rich and when I stay at the Lincoln suite I wait for the bargains there right after Christmas in the summer that room goes to several hundred and more but in the off-season we pay an average of 125 not too bad. So there are bargains just have to look but no matter what Gettysburg is a great town to hang out I have loved it for some 30 years. My biggest regret with glaucoma is I always wanted to drive to all the other sites like Mississippi Tennessee Georgia Louisiana I really did want to see the South and I will miss that. Like the song says you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

When I was there for the CWT event, I found the 1863 very good. I am a longgggg time member with Marriott and had booked the Courtyard for it, but cancelled and went with the 1863 because of the distance and convenience. No complaints at all and would recommend the 1863. I have also stayed at the Dobbin House/Lincoln Suite during the 150th...it is a beautiful room. It was a gift.

Other than those two, I dont typically stay in Gettysburg because I am only 1:15 drive away.

Back