Favorite Facial Hair Contest! Questions answered.

George Crook's beard can't decide which way to go.

George_Crook_-_Brady-Handy-479x630.jpg

looks pretty Crooked

I'm getting a kick out of the photos you guys are posting! Keep it up! I know which ones are/are not in the contest. Remember I tried to choose a variety of styles. It was difficult to pick out just 64. Don't know how many times I changed out one or two photos. Too many mutton chops, not enough neck beards, etc. So, maybe I have another set of 64 photos ready for another contest if this one goes well.

If you're able to put those words to music and sing along with the tune, you're at least as old as I am, maybe older! :roflmao:
LOL! Very clever rendition!
This'll date me -- and also make you wonder about the quality of Catholic education (for better or worse): When I was in seventh grade, our hippy-dippy nuns and lay teachers had us put on an abridged version of that musical at school!! (no nudity, thank the Lord!)

LOL! Very clever rendition!
This'll date me -- and also make you wonder about the quality of Catholic education (for better or worse): When I was in seventh grade, our hippy-dippy nuns and lay teachers had us put on an abridged version of that musical at school!! (no nudity, thank the Lord!)
Freestater, my excellent friend, you just cracked me up about Catholic education and your hippy-dippy nuns. I'm so old that, when I went to Catholic school, hippy dippy nuns hadn't been invented yet! They came along later, when I was starting to volunteer to play music at mass and things like that. When I was in school, we still had the "penguin" nuns. One of my friends irreverently called them "the Bonnets". They were the Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia, Kansas. I'll tell you this much more, too: They were superb teachers. You might have known some of them. If not, there are probably some folks reading this who knew some of them.

Wonder whether size matters, because if it did, Daniel Ruggles and J.S. Green, both CSA, would be neck to neck in the longest beard competition, with Green (last below) winning by a hair (post-bellum Old Jube, disqualified) Green wins the concealed mouth award as well...

Expired Image Removed

65c5542d5cc5ea0e7cf58befd12ea93a.jpg

Amazing, really. As an occasional straight razor user, I can understand, what with the equipment maintenance and all, why men of the Era might have let things go a bit between shaves but still... geeze!

Perhaps one might be able to size up an opponent's fitness by the quality of the leftovers in his mane.

Back