NF Favorite Civil War Film Quotes

Non-Fiction
Just made me tear up thinking about Powers Boothe! I can't see anyone else as Curly Bill ever again (kinda like Russell, Elliott and Paxton are the best Earps!)
Aww me too now! Curly Bill is one of my all-time favorite characters, and Boothe was one of my favorite actors. I actually own a Curly Bill "Well, Bye" shirt, but I have a hard time wearing it now that he's no longer with us. :frown:

Nobody can touch Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday either...!!

I'm actually fond of both Val and Dennis Quaid--frankly, Dennis is probably closer to the real Doc's personality--but I have a difficult time watching that boring film (IMO, great actors in small parts made Tombstone much better than Costner's Wyatt Earp--and I've been in love with Kurt Russell and Sam Elliott a lonnnnnnnng time. I always told my students if Sam came to get me, to tell my husband it was fun, but--"Bye, then."

I'm actually fond of both Val and Dennis Quaid--frankly, Dennis is probably closer to the real Doc's personality--but I have a difficult time watching that boring film (IMO, great actors in small parts made Tombstone much better than Costner's Wyatt Earp--and I've been in love with Kurt Russell and Sam Elliott a lonnnnnnnng time. I always told my students if Sam came to get me, to tell my husband it was fun, but--"Bye, then."
:rofl:

I agree. Wyatt Earp is hard to get through. It's a decent movie. It probably would be considered a great movie if...... Tombstone didn't blow it out of the water. Costner's version may even be more historically accurate. However, Tombstone is a masterpiece. The casting, the dialogue, well.... everything about it, is just fantastic.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time. It's probably in my top ten. It's one of the movies that, even though I've seen it countless times, & can nearly quote the entire movie, if it comes on, I'm watching it. Regardless of where it is, when I stumble onto it.

There are soooo many great lines in Tombstone, it's hard to recall all of em at once.

"Skin that smoke wagon, & see what happens"
"You gonna do something, or stand their and bleed..?!"
"Maybe poker's just not your game Ike...... I know, how about a spelling bee" :rofl:
"You're a daisy if you do" :roflmao: When Doc is standing over Ringo & exclaims, "You're no daisy".... is it wrong to laugh..??:laugh:

"I don't take no lip from no bartender neither.... see that, smack a guy on the beak, get a little respect around here"....

That's just to name a few of em. Plenty of movies are notable for a line or two. While, "I'm your huckleberry" is probably the most repeated, or famous line from the movie, there's just so many great ones, it would be hard to pick a favorite, or name them all.

I hope to be as cool as Sam Elliot in Roadhouse one day. Needing a lot more grey before I can come close, so far.... :D

:rofl:

I agree. Wyatt Earp is hard to get through. It's a decent movie. It probably would be considered a great movie if...... Tombstone didn't blow it out of the water. Costner's version may even be more historically accurate. However, Tombstone is a masterpiece. The casting, the dialogue, well.... everything about it, is just fantastic.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time. It's probably in my top ten. It's one of the movies that, even though I've seen it countless times, & can nearly quote the entire movie, if it comes on, I'm watching it. Regardless of where it is, when I stumble onto it.

There are soooo many great lines in Tombstone, it's hard to recall all of em at once.

"Skin that smoke wagon, & see what happens"
"You gonna do something, or stand their and bleed..?!"
"Maybe poker's just not your game Ike...... I know, how about a spelling bee" :rofl:
"You're a daisy if you do" :roflmao: When Doc is standing over Ringo & exclaims, "You're no daisy".... is it wrong to laugh..??:laugh:

"I don't take no lip from no bartender neither.... see that, smack a guy on the beak, get a little respect around here"....

That's just to name a few of em. Plenty of movies are notable for a line or two. While, "I'm your huckleberry" is probably the most repeated, or famous line from the movie, there's just so many great ones, it would be hard to pick a favorite, or name them all.
I use that line from Ike about rapping someone on the beak all the time and nobody gets it! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Back