Favorite Civil War Art?

I remember a book from my youth - don't recall the name, but the hard cover was split horizontally Blue and Gray - which contained almost no text but pictures, pictures, sketches and pictures, tons of them, of army life during the Civil War. Odd as it sounds, I remember being struck by the logistics - the lines of wagons upon wagons, the muddy roads, the camp setups, the supplies sitting in harbors - so different from the usual glorious scenes of charging warriors.

It set me on a lifelong love and appreciation of logistics.

Also I kinda regret it now, but when I was at the Stonewall museum in Winchester they had a print of Jackson in front of the house at winter and the way it was painted made it look like it glowed depending on the light.

Not sure who painted it. If anyone knows, please speak up!

Last edited:
Also I kinda regret it now, but when I was at the Stonewall museum in Winchester they had a print of Jackson in front of the house at winter and the way it was painted made it look like it glowed depending on the light.

Not sure who painted it. If anyone knows, please speak up!
It sounds like this one of Jackson and his wife Anna by Mort Kunstler:

1567182169494.png

I am looking for a Mort Kunstler “Until We Meet Again” to hang in my dining room. Anyone know where I can purchase this item at a reasonable price. Doesn’t need to be framed. Thank you

Back