Favorite Band / Music In The Civil War Era

I enjoy listening to the 2nd SC String Band, which is probably the best "camp music" that I have found. I actually prefer brass marching bands and the Federal City Brass Band is what I think is the best of these; although, I think during the ACW there would have been more emphasis on the drums. Fifes and drum musicians demonstrate that emphasis. You need the drumbeat to march to a band.

Here is a page I created of brass cds available, most of which are Civil War era!

2nd South Carolina String Band is my favorite, but I also enjoy the Un-Reconstructed String Band and the 97th Regimental String band, particularly their versions of "The Minstrel Boy" and "I'm a Good Old Rebel". I've seen 2nd SC live at Gettysburg a few years back, and Un-Reconstructed at the Battle of Aiken.

2nd South Carolina String Band is my favorite, but I also enjoy the Un-Reconstructed String Band and the 97th Regimental String band, particularly their versions of "The Minstrel Boy" and "I'm a Good Old Rebel". I've seen 2nd SC live at Gettysburg a few years back, and Un-Reconstructed at the Battle of Aiken.
I’m jealous ...will check out the other two string bands thanks for the heads up

Back