Family Research Help...

Oceanpond88

Private
Hey Everyone,
I've been fortunate to have been able to find most of my Civil War ancestry,however, researching one side of the family I keep hitting road blocks.I'm looking for an information on the parents of my great great grandfather Robert Pharis Dunlap. He was born in 1871 in Tennessee. He married Grace Arrington Ware in 1892, daughter of Joseph Henry Ware and Mary Speed Boyd. I have hits for him in the 1900 Census and 1910 census, other then that I can't find any further information or names.According to the 1900 Census he was in Polk Tennessee, also listed as Robert O. Dunlap. In the 1910 Census he moved with his family to Jefferson Alabama near Birmingham.Any help would be greatly appreciated...

My apologies I should have been more clear, I need help going backwards from birth to find his parents. According to the 1900 and 1910 Census he was born in 1871 in Tennessee. He did have a daughter named Mary Ware Dunlap who was born in 1894 in Tennessee...

Hey Everyone,
I've been fortunate to have been able to find most of my Civil War ancestry,however, researching one side of the family I keep hitting road blocks.I'm looking for an information on the parents of my great great grandfather Robert Pharis Dunlap. He was born in 1871 in Tennessee. He married Grace Arrington Ware in 1892, daughter of Joseph Henry Ware and Mary Speed Boyd. I have hits for him in the 1900 Census and 1910 census, other then that I can't find any further information or names.According to the 1900 Census he was in Polk Tennessee, also listed as Robert O. Dunlap. In the 1910 Census he moved with his family to Jefferson Alabama near Birmingham.Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Father: John H Dunlap (1840-1878)
Mother: M C Dunlap (1847-)
Spouse: Grace Arrington Ware (1874-)
Daughter: Mary Ware (1894-)

Father: John H Dunlap (1840-1878)
Mother: M C Dunlap (1847-)
Spouse: Grace Arrington Ware (1874-)
Daughter: Mary Ware (1894-)

I appreciate the reply Littlestown, that's from my family tree on Ancestry I put up. I'm still looking for definite census information, I feel I'm mistaken with John and MC as the parents.

In hindsight I should have edited my tree on there to reflect this as my original theory of them as the parents was proven wrong. Hence my road block. Before the 1900 Census It's like Robert P Dunlap fell off the face of the earth it seems like...

@Oceanpond88
I found Grace Dunlap's obituary and in it, it says that Robert P. Dunlap died in 1936.
Follow this link (it will take a loooooong time to load, but don't give up on it) go to page 4 under "Obituaries" and look for "Mrs. Grace Dunlap" in the 3rd column from the left, second one down. This is the Monmouth Daily Register in New Jersey
http://209.212.22.88/data/rbr/1960-1969/1967/1967.05.19.pdf
I noticed that her mother's name is slightly different than what you have given, but the rest of the information seems correct. Take a look at it and it may help you. Hopefully this may give you more information to work backwards.

Back