1624328849982.png

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 8:30 pm EDT
CivilWarTalk Presents:
Faces of Gettysburg: Gettysburg Related Images
from the Collections of Brian Boeve, Rick Carlile,
Charles T. Joyce, and David Wynn Vaughan

with Special Guest
Ronald S. Coddington
editor and publisher of Military Images magazine.

In A Free Live Video Presentation

"Military Images" is America’s only magazine dedicated solely to the study of portrait photographs of Civil War soldiers. Established in 1979, its ongoing mission is to showcase, interpret and preserve these rare images. The portraits were originally personal, intimate objects never intended for public consumption. Beginning with the centennial of the Civil War, these relics have moved from attics and basements into private and public collections. Today they are part of an emerging body of scholarship.

When the word "collector" is mentioned in reference to Civil War images, four names stand out as the caretakers of the most outstanding collections in private hands in the United States today - Brian Boeve, Rick Carlile, Charles T. Joyce, and David Wynn Vaughan. We are honored to have these four gentlemen join us near the 158th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Each will share favorite Gettysburg related images from his collection and relay the engaging stories that go with them. Special guest, Ron Coddington, editor and publisher of "Military Images" magazine will deliver the foreword. Don't miss it!

***REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT***
Seating is limited. You don't have to be a member of CivilWarTalk to attend.
Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!

Live on Zoom Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 8:30 pm EDT.
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYocOCprDItGNeIZVkinDqzAEIWR1-DZ2id

Last edited:
It's not too late! Register and plan to join us Wednesday night. I'm fairly certain we will see some fantastic Civil War images from the collections of these four gentlemen and hear some great stories. Hope to see you Wednesday night at 8:30 pm EDT
REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT

There's still space. So you can still register and plan to join us tomorrow night!

Don't miss this awesome opportunity to see some amazing Civil War images from the collections of these preeminent collectors and hear the compelling stories that go with them.
Wednesday night at 8:30 pm EDT
REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT

Oh wow! We had a full house! It was so much fun hosting for this group - Ron Coddington, Rick Carlile, Brian Boeve, Charles T. Joyce, and David Wynn Vaughan. It was great to see the camaraderie among them -- a group that shares a common passion. We enjoyed seeing the great images and hearing the stories. Thank you gentlemen for a wonderful program. It was a pleasure to have you. Many thanks to Ron @Military Images for his help with the arrangements; to David, Rick, Brian, and Chuck for sharing their images and stories; and to everyone who attended tonight! So incredibly thankful to have such a great production team who successfully managed a packed house without even a hiccup! @NH Civil War Gal @MS2623 @Diane123 @A. Roy and @Viper21 Thank you all!

My only question is -- when can we do it again? :D ....And when can I see the Tige Anderson CDV in person?

I had technical(audio) difficulties and only caught part of it. What I saw/heard was great.

Back