Farb

I think it is a bit more subtle than that, Mac. Not just that it is obviously inaccurate, but the wearer knows it is and isn't willing to progress towards something more accurate.

Any new person might wear or do something inaccurate from ignorance, they are not a ****. An otherwise progressive person might have an inaccurate item, that they will replace when a more accurate one becomes available or priced reasonably... they are not a ****. A person may need to do something inaccurate to accomodate a medical situation... they are not a ****.

...but the person who has something inaccurate, makes no apologies for it, makes no attempt to get it out of public view, and will not accept that it needs to be changed... that's a pretty helpless **** in their ***** ensemble.

I think it is a bit more subtle than that, Mac. Not just that it is obviously inaccurate, but the wearer knows it is and isn't willing to progress towards something more accurate.

Any new person might wear or do something inaccurate from ignorance, they are not a ****. An otherwise progressive person might have an inaccurate item, that they will replace when a more accurate one becomes available or priced reasonably... they are not a ****. A person may need to do something inaccurate to accomodate a medical situation... they are not a ****.

...but the person who has something inaccurate, makes no apologies for it, makes no attempt to get it out of public view, and will not accept that it needs to be changed... that's a pretty helpless **** in their ***** ensemble.

Well put, Miss Kessinger! :smile:

Thank you Elaine and Mac, I just thought it might be along the lines of F.U.B.A.R. I appreciate your kindness in replying .

When I started in 1976, I was told that farby was derived from the German military term "waffenfarbe" which roughly translated means 'branch of arms color". In Germany during WW2 on collar tabs: white for infantry, pink for armor/tanks, green for mountain troops (I think), and so on. Exactly when it started being used no one is sure but it probably refers to the act of folks sewing on colored felt on grey work shirts and adding dime store brass buttons. There is another term "hoople" which I hardly hear anymore, but I think it must have been a last name. Just a few musings says an old National Reenactment Society member.

Have a Blessed Day!

There is another (supposed) origin of the term I've heard, related to American Revolution reenactors, "Fairly Authentic, Resembling British." I'm dubious about that origin, but I'll throw it on the pile anyway.

The good news is, they have their own package store:

farb.jpg

Attachments

• farb.jpg
    farb.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
There is another (supposed) origin of the term I've heard, related to American Revolution reenactors, "Fairly Authentic, Resembling British." I'm dubious about that origin, but I'll throw it on the pile anyway.

He-larious! Think I've passed this place!

farb.jpg

Attachments

• farb.jpg
    farb.jpg

farb.jpg
Their own package stores....NOW WE'RE TALKIN'!

Attachments

• farb.jpg
    farb.jpg
Back