Euroarms Or Armisport

BUZZ43

Cadet
LOOKING TO PRUCHASE A 3 BAND ENFIELD OR A 1861 SPRINGFIELD ANYONE HAVE AN OPINONS ON EITHER, OR RAN ACROSS A GOOD BUY IN A REPO 1863 .54CAL. SHARPS WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST BUY. :shrug: :shrug:

1861 Springfield

BUZZ43 said:
LOOKING TO PRUCHASE A 3 BAND ENFIELD OR A 1861 SPRINGFIELD ANYONE HAVE AN OPINONS ON EITHER, OR RAN ACROSS A GOOD BUY IN A REPO 1863 .54CAL. SHARPS WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST BUY. :shrug: :shrug:

I bought my 1861 Springfield from Jarnagin. I believe it's a Euroarms. It's a beautiful rifle and it works great

Calicoboy

James River Armory is one of the best. They take Euroarms and resand the stock so it is more like the original (though it still is a bit barrel heavy) and de**** it to look original. Simply the best.

The de**** is an actual word meaning to remove any modern markings and replace them with period stampings. I will try the **** again, ****

Lodgewood has excelelnt gear and they do authenticize (real word?) for you. I would strongly suggest an Armi-Sport, only because EuroArms has had some pretty serious quality control issues over the last couple years. I might also suggest a Miroku M1861 if you can get your hands on one. Good Luck.

Thanks Guys For The Advice, But I Did Purchase The Sharps He Made Such A Good Deal I Couldnt Pass It Up. So Now I'll Have To Save Up For The Springfield. Got My County Tax Statement " Oh Brother" Our County Loves To Spend Our Hard Earned Money.

Check & probably replace the gas seal on that Sharps before you get to enthusiastic about shooting it... I've seen a bad gas seal set a hankee on fire that was placed over the top of the breach.

Good Luck

Back