Cadet
White Pines Gunsmithing & Armory
107 S. Oak St.
Cherryville, NC. 28021
704-435-8991

(1) 1853 Enfield 3 band musket $440.00 (5) 1861 Enfield Musketoon $445.00

(2) 1861 Springfield 3 band $475.00 (6) Cook & Brother Musketoon $425.00

(3) C.S. Richmond 3 band $475.00 (7) JP Murray Musketoon $430.00

(4) 1863 Springfield 3 band $490.00 (8) US 1855 high hump lock dummy tape primer $579.00

All Muskets are new in the box.
Add $20.00 for shipping
Email = [email protected]

Thanks! I also carry Black Powder Pistols, I'll post price for them in the next day or two. I also buy antique guns and parts and will trade for the same. Thanks again.

I have two major comments here and neither are snipes at the poster.

First I want to say I own a Euroarms M1841 Mississippi rifle and it is a superb shooter and I have handled several superb Euroarms Enfields.

That said I have also seen several Euroarms Enfields & 2 Springfields that were nothing short of junk and I am not using the term lightly. Poorly fitted parts to the point of being unsafe, an Enfield w/ a weak mainspring etc. Euroarms has certainly had a serious quality control issue over the last couple years.

Second it is important to understand that the Italian repros are typically 110%the size of an original and they are NOT the same weapon. It is important to know and be aware that this is easily enough corrected if wanted but it is more $.

Euroarms and Armisport are the only real choices out there for the money... but be aware of their limitations.

I would advise anyone purchasing to take a hard look before buying.

Good Luck

I hate to hear that about the muskets that was not in very good shape. But I have been selling Euroarms, Armisport, Taylor co. for over four years. I sold over 30 muskets this past Christmas and I have never had a Euroarms musket look the way the muskets that you have seen. I have had many Armisports sent to me for tumbler trouble. Thats why I don't sell them anymore. Now I do sell Taylor co. muskets and have not had any type of problem with them, they are just a little more in price. I hope the ones you seen were kit guns that were put together buy the buyer. But if not I hope that they(Eruoarms) has got there problems worked out. If I get one from them that is not in A1 shape I would not in any way past it on to a buyer,I would sent it back to Euroarms. Let me make clear that I don't have any problem with MR. Johan Steele in any way, I'm glad he has told me about what he has seen. I will be checking over the Muskets I get in very well all over. Thanks! Todd Beam

Civilwarguns... no offence taken or intended. The junky Euroarms I have seen (that I know the source of) came out of Fall Creek & Cabelas. They weren't kit guns unfortunately and I've never gotten a real explanation as to how such made it into circulation in the first place. THe Cabela's arm was new when purchased and unfortunately the buyer didn't know any better. W/ Fall Creek... I almost wonder if they weren't factory seconds. BUt who knows.

The safety issue I mentioned was a M1861 w/ ill fitting barrel bands; they were so loose the springs barely held them on & w/ repeated firing they slid forward of the springs. I saw a similar issue w/ a poorly finished Enfield. I think the issue w/ both was poorly worked stocks.

Needing to rework or fix issues w/ the lock is not uncommon w/ both Euroarms & Armisport. Though I'm told repeatedly my Armisport Enfield was a fluke... it shot wonderfully, if a bit high.

Currently I'm in the habit of suggesting to people who want a Springfield to go hunting for an older Miroku... it's well worth the wait & few extra dollars.

Good Luck

Coming soon: Repro. 1854 Austrian Lorenz Rifle 54 cal.

1816 Perc. Conv. Musket 69 cal.

I'll post date and price in the next day or two. Thanks! Todd.

1854 Austrian Lorenz Rifle one of the most common rifles in the Army of Tennessee if I remember right. Whish it would be in my price range but i really doubt it :frown:

This Off from the thread.. But what was the smallest Cal. rifle used in the War?

Is there any chance there is a link to a pic... this isn't the same Lorenz being offered by Dixis is it? $795 isn't much less than the going rate for an original Lorenz in shooting condition.

Have you seen or dealt w/ one of these?

Just dug out an old Dixie Gun Works Book and I think it just may be the same Musket. I will be getting some information and pictures where I can post them, they should be here any day now. I think thatI'm going to go ahead and order me one just to see how it looks and shoots. I'll post some information on them as soon as I can get my hands on it. Have you seen any of these around? Todd

If they are the same as those sold by DGW don't waste your money... the ramrod & bayonet are sold seperately for another $250 odd... the rifle is actually a Jaeger pattern model 1854 (IIRC) Short Rifle. I know several people who bought & returned them as they have mainsprings that are not strong enough to consistently snap a cap as well as other poor workmanship issues.

Darn, I was hoping for a well made repro of the Lorenz... I'll just have to keep my eyes out for an original I can afford.

THe Austrain M1854 was the arm today known as the "Lorenz" that equipped so many of the CS AoT & various Union units.

Your right no ram rod, this is not to good of a musket for reenacting. But was told it is a very good N-SSA shooter. I'll stay away from this one on reenacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back