Custer Etching of George Custer.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I purchased this at an antique store this week.
gc.jpg

American Portrait Gallery takes these old etchings and adds color by hand. The antique store had several Confederate officers but I opted for Custer. I thought I might frame this but probably will just leave it as it is.

I was wondering what people think of these colorized etchings.

View attachment 380342
American Portrait Gallery takes these old etchings and adds color by hand. The antique store had several Confederate officers but I opted for Custer. I thought I might frame this but probably will just leave it as it is.

Nice find!

View attachment 380342

Have you access to a magnifying glass? This is the geek side coming out in full force concerning artwork- but, it’s interesting ( to me) to look at the images through a magnifying glass. You can see the dots of the lithograph and the brush strokes if the hand applied watercolor.

American Portrait Gallery reproduces these etchings so I am guessing the etchings are only of fair quality. Still this image is fun.

Back