Era Children And Pets, Changes Never- Too Dear!

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
There's another thread on this from last year or so. It seems to be a subject of fascination- happened to be browsing just for personal satisfaction and bumped into around a bazillion more. Most seem ' era' please excuse any which are not? I remember it seemed to me terribly apt, children and their pets during the war. Companions and friends, someone to keep them company while all else is changing, perhaps the world in chaos.

Some seem a little somber some TOO dear- all could be interchangeable, jeans and T shirt, shorts and sandals, same pets, same children, could have been our children, yesterday.

cp 1.jpg
cp 2.jpg
cp 3.jpg
cp 4.jpg
cp 5.jpg
cp 6.jpg
cp 7.jpg
cp 8.jpg
cp 9.jpg
cp 10.jpg
cp 11.jpg
cp 12.jpg

I've got to admit that I didn't expect to see a chicken or two rabbits. Now... the sheep and goats didn't surprise me all that much. The squirrel sort of set me back for a second, but the little human seemed to like the squirrel, so...okay I guess (the thought of rodent borne and rodent/flea borne diseases sort of freaks me out but what the heck). All others were great and I will go to my grave insisting that there is no creature more patient, understanding, forgiving and loving as the average mutt doggie! Gotta love that big old, morose Labrador Retriever in there.

So funny, thought this thread had slid down the page into thread oblivion the day it was posted, you know how some just do, no particular reason. Of course, am a dog and a child person, little specific! Have always had a dog- single time we did not was being married to someone who disliked them. Should have been an indicator! Dad's favorite, favorite line when the marriage ended and I immediately adopted a dog ( and a cat ) was ' She traded up '. It was true, didn't give enough credit to the dog.

It is up to each person, how they choose to raise children- these relationships children have with animals, any animal, are just so valuable. Any age. My 16 year old son has some ' stuff ' physically, causes a decent amount of stress. We're looking for a specific breed of dog he has his heart set on, it will be awfully helpful in so, so many ways. Looking at these photos reaffirms that, love them!

Great photos. Interesting that there are so few cats pictured. Also note that the dogs are American breeds--this is well before the importation of most foreign stock.

My favorite is the giant dog looking lovingly up at the boy in post #2. What would you call that dog? I bet he could eat you up in two bites if you threatened his little boy. I also love the young lady with the giant grin and the chicken.

Last edited:
My favorite is the giant dog looking lovingly up at the boy in post #2. What would you call that dog? I bet he could eat you up in two bites if you threatened his little boy. I also love the young lady with the giant grin and the chicken.
Agreed that's a great shot, and I believe that's a boxer or boxer/bull terrier mix.

Great pics but some eerie eyes on some of the pets, I'm presuming from movement during the filming process.

Back