Equus “Story of the Horse” New Series -How Horses Read Our Expressions

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Borderruffian

1st Lieutenant
Only a horse thats well atuned to his/her rider is capable of the level described. My daughters had horses that seemed to be able to read their minds as have I, but you don't get that by renting a horse at a dude stable.

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major
Only a horse thats well atuned to his/her rider is capable of the level described. My daughters had horses that seemed to be able to read their minds as have I, but you don't get that by renting a horse at a dude stable.
Horses sense fear...especially novice riders at a dude stable and act accordingly get the rider off their back so they don't have to work. They feel it in a rider's posture and leg pressure but first watch how your approach. Horses being a "prey" animal have built in instincts to protect themselves...especially if they sense harm via facial expression, body posture or movement. Doesn't take long at all for a horse to get a "persons number" Mine even get jealous of each other for my attention just like my dogs. LOL They are a lot smarter than people think but their number one goal is to "be safe from being eaten" via a herd "leader" be that horse or human or flight to get away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Private Watkins Period Photos & Examinations 40