Muzzleldrs Enfield Marks: Union or Reb?

Duh ! Thanks Greyrock.....I was out on a lengthy Honey Do List...:hug:

BTW, @bayonet, Tim is giving a discount on the E. C.
It's an essential on all English items ordered {CSA} to run the blockade. From Enfield tools to Armstrong cannons.
My back still hurts from helping Tim unload the famous white van at the Maryland Show, when the print was still wet.

wow $100 for a book I'm still paying off my kids student loans which is killing my collecting (or I'm just running out of space to hang stuff on my wall). Last time I spent over that on a book was on a original Regimental history. Or better yet I'll just ask for the info on this forum and get from you guys for free :bounce::bounce::bounce:

wow $100 for a book I'm still paying off my kids student loans which is killing my collecting (or I'm just running out of space to hang stuff on my wall). Last time I spent over that on a book was on a original Regimental history. Or better yet I'll just ask for the info on this forum and get from you guys for free :bounce::bounce::bounce:
If your are going to collect you need to know what you are doing, After this post it probable won't happen.:nah disagree:

Well ucvrelics as time goes on information and research gets better on collecting. I turned to a so called expert many years ago on this Enfield and was told something that now I find out here he was not correct. I also collect Rev War and had a sword on my wall for 25 years because a expert had one in his book he wrote in 1967. 25 years later someone else writes a book and I come to find out the first guy was wrong, traded that away. How about this, a well known dealer in Rev War sells me a musket around 2006-7 which looks legit. An Expert writes a book in 2009 and a marking on the musket shows it was made 10-15 years after the Rev War ended. I traded it back to him for another musket and kept my mouth shut. He should of known better than me after all he was the Expert! I'm sure we all got stories about being burned in collecting but I feel I've recovered from them all somewhat.
Plus I'm running out of space on my book shelve for all these books written by Experts!

Back