Elijah Roberts 43rd Tennessee infantry company e

Got a birth date, county lived in, relatives and etc that would help?

Elijah Roberts was b. approx. 1833, Virginia, USA, he was married to Eveline Anderson, and lived next to her family's farm in Levicy, Hancock, Tennessee - with his son, Jefferson and daughter, Mary. According to Hurst's Wurst: Colonel Fielding Hurst and the Sixth Tennessee Calvary, USA - Elijah was a Capt. in the Calvary, Company E (September 18th, 1862) - and, according to another historic book, his brother was Andrew J. Roberts, Captain in Company C, 2nd Mounted Infantry. Eveline applied for widow's pension - but I have been unable to find any information other than it was applied for... she took her children Jefferson and a new daughter named Melvina, and moved to Jonesville, Lee County, Virginia which is where I believe Elijah was originally from.... and that's all the information I have... I can't find evidence of who Elijah's parents were - the info provided on family trees are not evidenced by any proof... Thanks.

Elijah Roberts was b. approx. 1833, Virginia, USA, he was married to Eveline Anderson, and lived next to her family's farm in Levicy, Hancock, Tennessee - with his son, Jefferson and daughter, Mary. According to Hurst's Wurst: Colonel Fielding Hurst and the Sixth Tennessee Calvary, USA - Elijah was a Capt. in the Calvary, Company E (September 18th, 1862) - and, according to another historic book, his brother was Andrew J. Roberts, Captain in Company C, 2nd Mounted Infantry. Eveline applied for widow's pension - but I have been unable to find any information other than it was applied for... she took her children Jefferson and a new daughter named Melvina, and moved to Jonesville, Lee County, Virginia which is where I believe Elijah was originally from.... and that's all the information I have... I can't find evidence of who Elijah's parents were - the info provided on family trees are not evidenced by any proof... Thanks.

The 6th TN Cavalry (Union) was a west Tennessee unit. It may be him, but I doubt it.

Eveline applied for widow's pension

This man's widow was named Mahala

elijah roberts.jpg

I believe your Elijah was the Confederate 43rd TN

Last edited:
Hello Sabrina, I was just googling Elijah and came across this posting I did yrs ago. Alas, I really have not uncovered anything new on him directly. My mother has met a man on ancestry that has said Elijah was paroled in Washington, Georgia accompanying Jeff Davis, but he has not answered her lately. I have since this posting made a trip to Vicksburg but was limited on time. I did visit soldiers rest cemetery and there were men from the 43rd buried together with “unknowns” mixed in which I found odd. I’m descended from Melvina and would love to know more about our family history. My mother says a “Green” Roberts appears on Melvinas death certificate but it was also said in the family Elijah was their father and he died of fever in the war. Anyhow my name is Tony Reyes, I’m on Facebook, I have a profile pic of a civil war re-enactment I was in. Feel free to friend request me.

Back