Editor at the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Are you looking forward to a completely annotated edition of Grant's personal memoirs?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Louieg2

Private
Hello,

My name is Louie P. Gallo and I am an editor at the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library. I am excited and honored to be a part of such a wonderful group of Civil War buffs. I look forward to learning from all of you.

In the meantime, as a staff member of the USGPL, I am pleased to announce the upcoming publication of the first comprehensively annotated edition of Grant's Personal Memoirs, which includes over 2,000 explanatory notes. Published by Harvard University Press's Belknap imprint, it will be available for pre-order in September 2017 and will be released in October!

If you go to Harvard University Press's webpage, you can find more information on the book's release date and pricing.

Thank you for reading this post and I look forward to many constructive conversations on the subject of the American Civil War.

Louis Gallo
Publications Editor
Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library and Association
Mitchell Memorial Library
P.O. Box 5408
Mississippi State University
(662) 325-4755

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Louie P. Gallo and I am an editor at the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library. I am excited and honored to be a part of such a wonderful group of Civil War buffs. I look forward to learning from all of you.

In the meantime, as a staff member of the USGPL, I am pleased to announce the upcoming publication of the first comprehensively annotated edition of Grant's Personal Memoirs. Published by Harvard University Press's Belknap imprint, it will be available for pre-order in September 2017 and will be released in October!

If you go to Harvard University Press's webpage, you can find more information on the book's release date and pricing.

Thank you for reading this post and I look forward to many constructive conversations on the subject of the American Civil War.

Louis Gallo
Publications Editor
P.O. Box 5408
(662) 325-4755
Welcome aboard, Louie. Looking forward to it very much.

cash

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Hello,

In the meantime, as a staff member of the USGPL, I am pleased to announce the upcoming publication of the first comprehensively annotated edition of Grant's Personal Memoirs. Published by Harvard University Press's Belknap imprint, it will be available for pre-order in September 2017 and will be released in October!

Louis Gallo
Publications Editor
P.O. Box 5408
(662) 325-4755
Welcome, Louie.

I shall have to start dropping hints for Christmas.

Bee

Captain
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Gettysburg 2017
Welcome, Louie! Interesting, I just listed The Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant as the Civil War related book that impacted me the most. I will have to let my staff know how much more agreeable I will be to work with if this book magically shows up on my desk :smile:

KansasFreestater

1st Lieutenant
Due west of the Free State stronghold of Lawrence
Welcome, Louie! We look forward to learning from you!

As a huge Grant fan, I have seen your name before, so it's a thrill to see you join up here at CWT. I guess you probably noticed that we have a whole forum on Grant in the Biography forums.

So excited to hear that we won't have to wait much longer for the annotated memoirs. Over 2,000 explanatory notes, oh my! Could you let us know as soon as it becomes available for pre-order? You could post a notice about it in the "Book & Movie Review Tent" forum.

I will add you to the directory we're compiling of CWT members who are authors. Do you have any other books in print that we should know about besides the memoirs?

Thanks so much, and welcome to CWT!

GS

Retired User
Thanks for sharing the good news, Louie Gallo... and welcome from sweet home Alabama. :wavespin: