241.JPG

242.JPG

243.JPG

244.JPG

245.JPG

247.JPG

@2rivcob73 ,

EXCELLENT!

I very much enjoyed your pictures of your event. Looks like you're taking a few volunteers who look a little 'green' AND young!

I would also be cautious about who you let enlist in your company, as a few carried away ladies like to disguise themselves as soldiers, seeking the thrill of the battlefield (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!). :wink:

Thanks again for posting these excellent pics and sharing them with the forum.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

I initially thought that the person in the 1st pic was a young boy and then on second look, I realized that it is the girl in photo #10 with the red shirt

Are you guys going to be at Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth this weekend?

Very nice! Thank you! However regarding the top pic I see further down that someone from her unit told her to take out her earrings. :giggle:
Yeah that was me after i took the picture and was like wait a minute haha
She reenacts as both Male and Female and only puts on the wool when we need the rifle in the ranks otherwise she wears a dress the whole weekend.

When I reenacted with the 17th Mississippi Infantry, we had a young lady join the ranks and she went ALL out with her impression. CUT her hair, never spoke unless she had to, went to the MALE port-a-johns, did all assigned details (fetched firewood, filled canteens, pulled sentry duty, etc.).

She did so well at one event at disguising her sex, that during a break before the big battle, several other Confederate soldiers from another unit unbuttoned their wool trousers and relieved themselves upon a fence post right in front of her! Our fellow members of her reenacting company shook hands with her and congratulated her excellent soldier impression!

Ah! The good old days! :wink:

Unionblue

When I reenacted with the 17th Mississippi Infantry, we had a young lady join the ranks and she went ALL out with her impression. CUT her hair, never spoke unless she had to, went to the MALE port-a-johns, did all assigned details (fetched firewood, filled canteens, pulled sentry duty, etc.).

She did so well at one event at disguising her sex, that during a break before the big battle, several other Confederate soldiers from another unit unbuttoned their wool trousers and relieved themselves upon a fence post right in front of her! Our fellow members of her reenacting company shook hands with her and congratulated her excellent soldier impression!

Ah! The good old days! :wink:

Unionblue
That's exactly what those women did back then in the ACW. Good strong stock on both sides!

Back