Easter Cards We'd Love To See Again!

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
ed13.jpg

OH my, had such a good time browsing Pinterest and vintage Easter cards, really could not laugh alone. These are awesome. It's ok, no artist still around to be wounded. Just silly, and fun. Just got a big, ol' kick out of subject matter or what on earth some of these things had to do with each other- or Easter or- well, you'll see. OH and Happy Easter!!!!!
edp3.jpg

Lots of these, animated bunnie families, as leggy people, these may be hobos considering the bundles on their backs?

edp4.jpg

Isn't this great?

edp5.jpg

edp6.jpg

edp7.jpg

edp2.jpg

These are not cards, just find them equally unexplainable hence pretty delightful

edp11.jpg
edp12.jpg
edp13.jpg
edp14.jpg
edp15.jpg

ed12.jpg
edp17.jpg
edp18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
edp19.jpg

edp20.jpg

edp21.jpg

edp22.jpg

ed9.jpg

ed8.jpg

ed10.jpg

ed1.jpg

There are a lot of bikes and eggs and hobos, wish so much we knew what on earth Easter might have to do with any of it- of course, would not get such a kick out of it if we did. If you sent this to someone today they'd block your email address.

Happy Easter, again anyway! Sincerely do adore all of these, proof that it was the sending of cards which mattered, someone had a sense of humor either in the sending or receiving- and really hope in the creating. What a terrific message after all, for Easter and new perspectives.

Have you ever read the book by Daphne DuMaurier that the movie is based on? Even creepier!
Have not read the book....the movie is creepy enough for me! Still remember it from seeing the movie when much younger. It made my skin crawl then as it does now! I think of that blasted movie each time a flock of starlings flies by! I hate the way a long string of them will perch on an electric/phone wire...just waiting to attack...

Have not read the book....the movie is creepy enough for me! Still remember it from seeing the movie when much younger. It made my skin crawl then as it does now! I think of that blasted movie each time a flock of starlings flies by! I hate the way a long string of them will perch on an electric/phone wire...just waiting to attack...
Better starlings than the bats flying about poor master Wayne in one of the older Batman movies....

Oh, my! These are hilarious. Not a religious image in sight!
This my favourite, however!
edp5-jpg.jpg

Young Freddie strangles sister Edith, while Easter Bunny rows across lake to help dispose of the body!

Thanks for the laughs!

Aren't they a riot? Where in blazes did anyone get the notion, for one thing- for another the image is a little creepy. Your interpretation beats what on earth seems to be the case here, holy cow.

Back