ENDED Duplicate Books

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
Am in the process of weeding duplicates from my library. Prefer to lump them all as it would be one package and one shipping cost. Will be cheap and will post titles, condition, asking price, etc. by the end of July (vacation intervening).
Ole

Email me the titles and price. I'm already out of space on the bookshelves so what difference does another pile make?

Know the feeling, Gary, but stacks are verboten. I need a smaller desk to hold computer, TV and detritus, and I need a table to spread out research projects. Have approximately 60 shelf feet of CW books, plus another 60 for others (fiction, other historical, and miscellaneous). Consolidating, compacting and adding shelves could conceivably add another 24 feet, but what's the point? If I read 2 books per week, I couldn't finish every CW book inside of 10 years.

Shane: Sorry the stove needed replacing. Hope that helps your meals, or maybe just makes the momma happy, which is equally important.

I'm not all that sure I have 10 years -- and I'm not counting books I intend to buy during that time. When I've finished, I'll send a PM.

Ole

plus a message for Johan

Ole, never thought of it in terms of shelf feet, but we must be about par. I also have books stacked atop of books and some in front of others so as to get the most out of what bookcases I have. I even took a case to work and left it in my office so as to get more space at home.

BTW Johan, regarding the stove, can't she cook in the yard over an open fire?

Zou feels everyone's pain. I have a better Civil War section than my local library does. But with some life changes, and remodeling plans for the basement, I may be shedding some books myself. Stay tuned. (The Civil War medical section is sacrosanct!)

Regarding the stove: Johan, can't YOU cook in the yard over an open fire?? :D

Zou

Being well read in Civil War, Johan has probably tried cooking ala Civil War soljer and like most Civil War soljers, betcha he can't stand his own cooking too. So, giving up on that repast, hard tack 'n coffee gets old after a while.

Your stash is probably tempting, Ole, but I implore you to consider splitting it up among numerous endowees. If I were to consider trying to buy your long entire stretches of books, there would be strife in my house, but you could make many people happy by dispersing the books in small lots. Speaking for myself, I would be happy to pay extra for your labor and time. Sorry if this offends your intentions.

BTW, I just bought another 6 shelf bookcase. I'm moving one shorter one to work so I don't have to stack books atop of other books in the bookcase. That makes it kinda hard to find a title when you're doing research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back