Drummer boy Cyrus W. Pomeroy

Mike Serpa

Major
Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 12.08.47 AM.png

CWPdb.jpg

History of the Ninety-sixth Regiment, Illinois Volunteer Infantry by Charles A. Partridge, 1887, Page s905, 120n
https://archive.org/stream/historyofninetys00part#page/120/mode/2up/search/pomeroy

Are phone book's still made? We used to get a new one every year.

Isn't it crazy to think of that? Numbers and addresses too. There's something called The White Pages phone look up web site but you pay for the information. It's also dependent on getting internet in the first place, having a credit card plus trusting you can give your card number to whatever site you're using.

There's a delivery around here or was until recently. Phone books in plastic got dropped at mail boxes. You'd see them sitting for weeks on top of rural boxes, no one seems to bring them in.

When we lived in Ky. there was a directory from Cincinnati Bell for your area. Of course you had to have their service. Here in Florida we only have cell phone so no directories. I don't know if land line people might have phone books. Maybe others in Florida know. I think it has become a thing of the past.

Just a thought the old directories on Ancestry can give you lots of clues or information on ancestors. I found my Grandfather's old garage in New York City. Also found my Great Grandfather's brother's grocery store. This was in Corona, N.Y. My cousin sent photo of him and his wife in front of the old store.

I guess this off subject. But couldn't help but say that the directories can be helpful in research.

Isn't it crazy to think of that? Numbers and addresses too. There's something called The White Pages phone look up web site but you pay for the information. It's also dependent on getting internet in the first place, having a credit card plus trusting you can give your card number to whatever site you're using.

There's a delivery around here or was until recently. Phone books in plastic got dropped at mail boxes. You'd see them sitting for weeks on top of rural boxes, no one seems to bring them in.
There is a trick to tearing a phone book in two. I know how to do it. One Christmas I tore a thick Sacramento phone book in two. Everyone was impressed. No more feats of strength like that for me!

Back