"Doors Open Gettysburg" is May 5, 2018

LoyaltyOfDogs

Sergeant Major
Official Vendor
Gettysburg National Military Park will feature four historic buildings on May 5th for the annual "Doors Open Gettysburg" event. From 10 a.m. to 2 p., the public is invited to visit inside the McPherson Barn, Hummelbaugh House, Cemetery Lodge and, through the cooperation of the Civil War Trust, the Mary Thompson House (Lee's Headquarters).

Details are here.

Gettysburg National Military Park will feature four historic buildings on May 5th for the annual "Doors Open Gettysburg" event. From 10 a.m. to 2 p., the public is invited to visit inside the McPherson Barn, Hummelbaugh House, Cemetery Lodge and, through the cooperation of the Civil War Trust, the Mary Thompson House (Lee's Headquarters).

Details are here.

As of now, I'll be there.

Ryan

Oh, Ok. I've always remember it being referred to as the "gateway house." I believe it was the first AoP headquarters before Meade moved it to the Leister House.

You're thinking of the Evergreen Cemetery gatehouse. This is the National Cemetery lodge, which was the home for the national cemetery's superintendent. It didn't exist during the battle.

Back