Grant Don't we need a US Grant forum?

Well, whichever forum, the Grant or NBF, all of them- could we puleeze make a commitment, pinky swear, whatever- just stay the heck away from the forums which you do not care for.It's a place for education and enlightenment, not somewhere to unload bile and 150 year old resentment. Gets old. Yes, I understand someone will pop in here, point out how you have to keep History ' honest '- but that never happens. The whole ' lucky general' thing pretty much highlights that, it's a subjective viewpoint which would end up in a locked thread after 20 pages of beaten chests and gutteral grunts.

From what I've seen, folks here are capable of keeping History on track all by themselves. If these forums transpire, be good to tolerate each other's heros, if it's going to send you up the wall, don't read it.
It does get old watching the same arguments going on back and forth. I try to avoid the political stuff, who said what when, it seems pointless to constantly throw up what some politician said 150 years ago when we know that they hardly ever say the same thing twice.

He certainly had his fair share or things that he got wrong but to say he was only right about one thing during his entire career is very unfair.

I agree. These Forums are probably not representative of the United States as a whole, but I'll admit , we're a bit nuts on this side of the Pond. Your Prime Minister observed us across the water all those years ago and I hope I'm quoting Sir Winston accurately, when he said, "the Americans will always do the right thing, after they've exhausted all of the other options."

Italics are mine, but even a brief look at us says he was right. :smile:

Oh, heck, you could bring up Jesus, someone would get offended and all kinds of P.O.'d thinking you were talking about Hay-Suse, the illegal immigrant, there'd be a burhaha on that thread, too. It's my point- if someone doesn't care for the subject, geesh, it's really ok to not say anything, no one dies if you stay silent on the subject, allow a nice, normal conversation once in awhile.

That was kind, civilken, thank you. Didn't wish to pat my own back, seemed rude to ignore when spoken to. :smile:

Oh, heck, you could bring up Jesus, someone would get offended and all kinds of P.O.'d thinking you were talking about Hay-Suse, the illegal immigrant, there'd be a burhaha on that thread, too. It's my point- if someone doesn't care for the subject, geesh, it's really ok to not say anything, no one dies if you stay silent on the subject, allow a nice, normal conversation once in awhile.

That was kind, civilken, thank you. Didn't wish to pat my own back, seemed rude to ignore when spoken to. :smile:

Stay silent? On this forum?? Don't you wish!! :bounce:

Back