Don't Deny Black Confederate Valor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Leigh

formerly Harvey Johnson
(The following is from the Southern Fried Common Sense & Stuff blog authored by C.W. Roden.)

In my quarter of a century of Confederate heritage defense, and especially in my 18 years as a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, this writer has had the privilege of meeting various descendants of Confederate veterans from all walks of life. All of them (men, women and children alike) share with me the honor of being the descendant of the Southern citizen soldier -- both the honored dead who fell during the War Between the States (1861-1865) and those who lived on during the Reconstruction Era and beyond as United Confederate Veterans.

As a Southern-born man and Confederate descendant born I am proud to be counted among those who share that unique pride in our common Confederate ancestry, my Southern brothers and sisters who share that same honorable and unique heritage that make us all children of Dixie. It is that Southern heritage that binds us beyond social class, religious creed, and yes, especially skin color.

Edited.

Continued at the link below:

https://southernfriedcommonsense.bl...ing-myth-of-black-confederate-denial.html?m=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back