A Historical Gun.—We gave a few days go some account of a brass piece which we saw on board the steamerChancellor, from Vicksburg, on its way up the river. The piece is a handsome 36-pounder, and has the French Bourbon crown and Bourbon cypher handsomely engraved upon it. The only peculiarity in its appearance is the existence of two handles at the centre of gravity, intended, we suppose, to facilitate moving or transport. This piece was cast in France in 1768. It was brought to this country to assist in the revolutionary war, by Lafayette, and landed in Charleston on the 25th of April, 1777. The gun was used in some of the battles of the revolution, and went next to New Orleans, and was in service there in the war of 1812, when Jackson defended that city. When the Texas revolution occurred, a company of Americans who went from New Orleans in the spring of 1836 to assist in the struggle took it with them, and there it was mounted on the walls of the Alamo, a place made memorable by the memorable massacre, on which occasion the gun fell into the hands of the Mexicans, who used it in their numberless brawls and revolutions. In their hands it travelled to the city of Mexico, where it again fell into American hands, being captured by Gen. Scott when he took that city. When the rebellion occurred, a New Orleans artillery company brought the gun to Vicksburg, and it was used in the siege there. At the fall of that place, it fell, of course, into the hands of Gen. Grant, and it now goes North as a trophy.–Memphis Journal, Sept. 3.