DNA Has Confirmed Another Famous Cousin That I Am Related To

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

nc native

Sergeant
I was checking my DNA hints on my Ancestry account having recently entered in an ancestor with the last name of Mosby
from Virginia in my tree from the early 1700s. I got connections with other members who share the same ancestor and
discovered that I am a direct descendant of Edward Mosby who is also a direct ancestor of John S. Mosby. This is shocking
to say the least - on my mother's side of the family tree I have DNA connections to Conrad Kuster who is a direct ancestor
of George Custer from Philadelphia in the early 1700s. This has thrown me for a loop, no wonder I feel so confused sometimes!

DixieRifles

Captain
Great find!
I entered my DNA and my granddaughter's DNA 1 year ago and already found some surprises. My daughter was adopted and I found her birth-father who had never been named. I found other cousins who have some large and well documented Trees. If their research pans out, I have several Continental soldiers and one signer of the Declaration of Independence. Haven't had time to check out the Civil War connections.