Distant cousins Webb & Mashburn Families

bjcas

Cadet
I don't think I know how to do a thread. Just read a blurb from a distant cousin, or something, about the Webb -Mashburn folks in Bolivar, TN, in the Civil War. My g-g-grandfather was W.C. Mashburn, son of Mary Ann Mashburn (who later married Pryor Webb.) I believe he said James R. Webb was his g-g-grandfather. I was born and raised in TX, now in KS. W.C.'s son Louis was born in 1862 and was one of the one's that ended up in TX. I have a book I got in Bolivar years ago about the CSA. At that time I wasn't interested in genealogy (can you imagine!!) The house where W.C. lived in now the Hazelhurst House, or was in 1979. My people were all southerners and some of the stories about the War that have been handed down are priceless.

I don't think I know how to do a thread. Just read a blurb from a distant cousin, or something, about the Webb -Mashburn folks in Bolivar, TN, in the Civil War. My g-g-grandfather was W.C. Mashburn, son of Mary Ann Mashburn (who later married Pryor Webb.) I believe he said James R. Webb was his g-g-grandfather. I was born and raised in TX, now in KS. W.C.'s son Louis was born in 1862 and was one of the one's that ended up in TX. I have a book I got in Bolivar years ago about the CSA. At that time I wasn't interested in genealogy (can you imagine!!) The house where W.C. lived in now the Hazelhurst House, or was in 1979. My people were all southerners and some of the stories about the War that have been handed down are priceless.

BJCAS--
Please consider sharing the stories of your ancestors here on the forum. In addition to all the tactical and political discussions, many of us really enjoy hearing the personal stories of those who experienced the war.

LOL. Neither was I--when it could have made my life so much easier if I'd interviewed the folks while they were alive! Welcome. You've made a great start, and we're happy to have you here. If there are any specific questions you haven't answered, throw 'em out and let our sleuths (who are absolutely free) see if they can find some clues!

Welcome from Minnesota. My ancestor was in Bolivar, 126th Ill Inf. Got to guard the fork in the road 2 miles east of town.

There is a little museum there that is NEAT! Neat artifacts, including one of Jeff Davis' chairs from his home.

Welcome. I live in West Tenn and not far from Bolivar. The WEBB name sounds like one I came across in the last day or so while searching through records. I've been reading about some of the battles and campaigns in this area. So it would be interesting to know more about your ancestor who served.

Welcome from Ohio. These people know their stuff so someone can help you. In the meantime share as much or as little as you want. You'll learn as you go like the rest of us. And everyone is really helpful.

Welcome. I live in West Tenn and not far from Bolivar. The WEBB name sounds like one I came across in the last day or so while searching through records. I've been reading about some of the battles and campaigns in this area. So it would be interesting to know more about your ancestor who served.

DixieRifles, this refers to a thread I started in this forum. You looked up the names and found them in the 7th TN Cav., Confederate.

Okay. I'm getting an info overload. In my past-time, I watch the "Who Do You Think You Are" genealogy TV shows aired in both England and Australia. Too many names coming at me all at once. :frantic:

Back