Details on June 10 -13 get together in Gettysburg

This is not to scare anyone - it was small and just passing thru - but there was a bear sighted on McPherson Ridge last week. So, bring your camera!

FYI, I talked to the fellow who leases the property where the barn is that they filmed part of "Gettysburg" at (Gen. Hood "shoulda gone to the riiiiggghhht.....") , to see if he'd permit us to nose around the property, but he is not so inclined. He gets a lot of trespassers and he's trying to put a lid on it - it's a working farm and he has lots of equipment and tools lying around. Nice guy, very apologetic, but very firm, so we'll have to view it from the road. Sorry.

Oops sorry. This was months ago- fuzzy and awfully busy then, thought it was a weekend. If it's ok I'd like to be a day-tripper for the 12th please? Yes, I think alone. I'm also extremely sorry to be inexact. My son managed to break his collarbone, I'd have liked to bring him, not sure how he'll be tooling around in another week is the thing.

FYI, I talked to the fellow who leases the property where the barn is that they filmed part of "Gettysburg" at (Gen. Hood "shoulda gone to the riiiiggghhht.....") , to see if he'd permit us to nose around the property, but he is not so inclined. He gets a lot of trespassers and he's trying to put a lid on it - it's a working farm and he has lots of equipment and tools lying around. Nice guy, very apologetic, but very firm, so we'll have to view it from the road. Sorry.
You might mention to him that we are all mature and know how to keep our freaking hands to ourselves.

Looks like I won't be able to make it on Monday. I can possibly make it there for the Pickett's Charge portion on Tuesday, though.

Looks like I won't be able to make it on Monday. I can possibly make it there for the Pickett's Charge portion on Tuesday, though.
Whenever, cash. I'll be crushed if you don't make an appearance, at least for a minute. And you can take my picture for your dartboard.

See you all Monday morning, bright and early. I was hoping to get by this evening, but the schedule filled up.

Well, all good things come to an end. Tuesday was mostly rainy so most of our touring was in the car. However, we saw all the spots on the agenda. The highlight was meeting friends from the board and found them to be even nicer in person.

Thanks for the pleasure of your company, folks.

Agree that meeting people we know only from the board and putting faces to the names was the best part of our trip. And of course the fact that they were all great people was a plus.

Of course anytime I can be on the battlefield is a plus and then being there with people with the same interest just made it better.

Thanks to Pat for his hard work in finding us a nice place to stay and work on the tour.

You know you had a great time when you actually hate to see the trip end.

Thanks to all for making it a great 3 days.

I Agree with Judi......three cheers to Pat..and many thanks to all the people who travled many miles to make the meeting a great time...Karen and I enjoyed the tours, the talk , and the many laughs in the evenings........Great Get Together... Ohh and Old Pete for the up to date auto tour Discs ......Tks to all...

A special thanks to Pat for the organizational effort he put forth for this trip. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and meeting every one. A fine use of my limited time home. A historian has been assigned to make a full report. I am sure that it will be up soon. I will withhold further comment until I sober up.

Sorry I wimped out on you guys, but I didn't see much point in traveling down there in the middle of a downpour for about an hour of waving at cars from my car. :smile:

Hopefully there will be a next time.

Sorry I wimped out on you guys, but I didn't see much point in traveling down there in the middle of a downpour for about an hour of waving at cars from my car. :smile:

Hopefully there will be a next time.
A few spritzings of rain didn't stop us, except we didn't walk the whole Pickett's charge.

The mural of the brickyard seemed to be a big hit. It is seldom visited.

Back