Despite Everything, People Still Have Weddings at ‘Plantation’ Sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slavery, Jim Crow and segregation is not ancient history.
And none of the 3 are unique or were confined to plantations at all..........so no need to condemn them for what existed virtually everywhere in the US for two of them and had in most of the US at the time of the CW for slavery.......One couldn't get married hardly anywhere if wish to attach black codes or segregation to venues or communities.

But I simply note history and its events, try to understand how and why things occurred, but am not bitter about our history at all, as it is simply what was. Its not a pick and choose, nor can I change it.

ucvrelics

Colonel
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
And none of the 3 are unique or were confined to plantations at all..........so no need to condemn them for what existed virtually everywhere in the US for two of them and had in most of the US at the time of the CW for slavery.......One couldn't get married hardly anywhere if wish to attach black codes or segregation to venues or communities.

But I simply note history and its events, try to understand how and why things occurred, but am not bitter about our history at all, as it is simply what was.
What part of let it go didn't you hear

Status
Not open for further replies.