December National Fruitcake and Eggnog Month

Good luck with your baking, Ashley! It's just fine to post pictures of the finished product, without feeling the need to share. :angel: Try very hard to like fruitcake, every year, smile, say it's wonderful and tip the rest of the slices in a bowl we keep to take back in the woods, for critters- when no one is looking. Last year's may still be there, though.

We have an out, in this fruitcake debate. You know how someone discovered broccoli tastes different to people? Some fortunate gene is responsible- if you think broccoli tastes just fine, it's missing. Let's start a rumor fruitcake has a gene, too.

Hang on, is that the answer? Do you people put broccoli in there without telling us? :angel:

Good luck with your baking, Ashley! It's just fine to post pictures of the finished product, without feeling the need to share. :angel: Try very hard to like fruitcake, every year, smile, say it's wonderful and tip the rest of the slices in a bowl we keep to take back in the woods, for critters- when no one is looking. Last year's may still be there, though.

We have an out, in this fruitcake debate. You know how someone discovered broccoli tastes different to people? Some fortunate gene is responsible- if you think broccoli tastes just fine, it's missing. Let's start a rumor fruitcake has a gene, too.

Hang on, is that the answer? Do you people put broccoli in there without telling us? :angel:

:bounce: So that is why my Hubby does not like broccoli! Genetics!
My daughter's cake is scrumptious, I promise! No bias, really. She adapted the recipe. Not your grandmother's fruitcake. Honey, butter and tons of nuts! She has made plenty of converts! Did I say I wasn't biased? :D

I don't usually like fruitcakes, but my grandma has a really good recipe she makes every year. And I always make sure I snag some. :smile: She gets asked for the recipe constantly. (Gotta type it up for a couple of people this weekend.) Her fruitcake is moist and flavorful. We usually put butter on it, like bread. Actually, my family puts butter on cake like bread rather frequently. It never occurred to me until now that that might be weird. :giggle:

My family never drank eggnog, for whatever reason. I didn't ever try any until I was an adult. LOL

:bounce: So that is why my Hubby does not like broccoli! Genetics!
My daughter's cake is scrumptious, I promise! No bias, really. She adapted the recipe. Not your grandmother's fruitcake. Honey, butter and tons of nuts! She has made plenty of converts! Did I say I wasn't biased? :D

Well you're supposed to be bias, it's your daughter! Sounds to me like you have every reason to be awfully proud of her, gee whiz. Making fruitcake taste wonderful? She should get her own stamp from the post office. Heck, saving fruitcake deserves a shot at her image on currency. :angel:

Back