December 10 National Lager Day

Donna. If you get a chance you should tour the Yuengling Brewery Company in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. It is a fantastic facility and the tour is just wonderful. You can sample all of their different beers and lagers and eat all of the roasted peanuts and pretzels you can shove in your face. I toured it many years ago while doing work in the area. David.

Donna. If you get a chance you should tour the Yuengling Brewery Company in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. It is a fantastic facility and the tour is just wonderful. You can sample all of their different beers and lagers and eat all of the roasted peanuts and pretzels you can shove in your face. I toured it many years ago while doing work in the area. David.
Did you know Yuengling is the last of the big breweries that is still American owned. Even Coors and Sam Adams have been sold to foreign owners.

Did you know Yuengling is the last of the big breweries that is still American owned. Even Coors and Sam Adams have been sold to foreign owners.
Jimklag. I did not know that. Thanks for the information. When I took the Yuengling tour, I believe Coors was still operating in Colorado. David.

I can't find anything about Sam Adams selling out. If you know the article. Post it please. Molson Coors (merged in 2005) is the named of the merged beers. Still in US ownership, before SABMiller sold out to Imbev, they had to sell off Miller Coors to Molson Coors. Molson Coors now own all of Miller brands in and out of the US making them the world's third largest brewer. Molson Coors headquarters is in Denver, Colorado. A real mess, but you really have to look at the article closely.

Please, Dad, tell me more.
About what I like? When just thirsty I'll drink the coldest and lightest thing I can find. When I'm going for taste I prefer stouts and porter. I also like those Leinenkugel shandys... grapefruit and pomegranite specifically although I feel like a rube when I drink them knowing they prob just throw some flavoring in.

Oh, maybe its this you are really interested in... :D

http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2011/03/10/beer-guide-ales-vs--lagers.html

About what I like? When just thirsty I'll drink the coldest and lightest thing I can find. When I'm going for taste I prefer stouts and porter. I also like those Leinenkugel shandys... grapefruit and pomegranite specifically although I feel like a rube when I drink them knowing they prob just throw some flavoring in.

Oh, maybe its this you are really interested in... :D

http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2011/03/10/beer-guide-ales-vs--lagers.html
About lager vs. Pilsner ...etc. You have me hooked.

Back