Death of Jim Jackson

Some people just need to be dead and he was one of them.
compare to Dave Poole postwar, who was probably more notorious then Jackson

http://ericjames.org/wordpress/2016/03/11/capt-francis-marion-dave-pool-war/

He became wealthy and apparently could return to visit Missouri at will.

He's the one who hopped on dead bodies at Centralia to count them, and was notorious for killing Germans and free blacks

A Dave Poole story " At one point, his gang came upon nine Federal soldiers hiding in a schoolhouse. After killing all nine, Dave had the corpses propped in chairs at the desks. He then proceeded to teach the dead Federals for an hour using the blackboard to give demonstrations. Upon finishing the lesson, he announced that his pupils were very loyal to sit and listen the way they had. "

Last edited:
Some of the Missouri guerrillas were a product of their time, but I think some of them were more than a little bit damaged before the war. I believe some of them would have been normal citizens without the war. The problem was the war was coming and nothing would stop it.

To me Dave Poole was probably the worst of the lot, yet he could with a 2-3 year transition period apparently return to a peaceful, productive, and successful life, while some couldn't. Would think he was certainly the worst of the survivors. Its always somewhat amazed me the number on both sides here who could make the postwar transition successfully.

Last edited:
Was wondering if anyone has to been to Jim Jackson and Farley's grave? I started to go today, but so out shape, with my heart probs didn't think I'd be able to climb back out.

The graves and a stone are supposed to be along the river behind big rock
IMG_20210324_112741249.jpg

Borderruffian

1st Lieutenant
To me Dave Poole was probably the worst of the lot, yet he could with a 2-3 year transition period apparently return to a peaceful, productive, and successful life, while some couldn't. Would think he was certainly the worst of the survivors. Its always somewhat amazed me the number on both sides here who could make the postwar transition successfully.
Little Archie pound for pound was worse than Dave Poole ( a distant relative of mine by marriage) and I think Bloody Bill was a shade worse than Poole too but not worse than his protoge Little Archie. The way the guerrilla war was it's not hard to see how young men became unaffected by death and suffering. They lived it it became nothing to inflict it.