DeAnne Blanton, They Fought Like Demons, online presentation.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Last edited:
DeAnne Blanton the author of They Fought Like Demons will do an online presentation. This is given to the public by the Monroe County Museum DeAnne Blanton on Thursday March 4 at 7PM. https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX

I am sure many of us have this book and would enjoy DeAnne Blanton's [presentation.
My last trip to NARA, I gave her some some wartime newspaper articles about women soldiers that she had not found, got her to sign my copy of her book, and had a brief, but nice talk with her. Nice person.

I am not sure I remember how to do a face book presentation but plan to try and make the presentation on Thursday. I edited the web page address in post #1 to send people to the proper place.

Yes. I emailed her about this thread this morning.

She's retired from the NARA and gave me the name of another archivist to contact, but when I emailed him, I got an "out of office" notification back that basically says "Contact us again after covid is over."

On the bright side, my state is opening up the vaccine to teachers starting March 11th, so my trip to Georgia is looking more hopeful, although Salisbury, NC in April is less so....

Yes. I emailed her about this thread this morning.

She's retired from the NARA and gave me the name of another archivist to contact, but when I emailed him, I got an "out of office" notification back that basically says "Contact us again after covid is over."

On the bright side, my state is opening up the vaccine to teachers starting March 11th, so my trip to Georgia is looking more hopeful, although Salisbury, NC in April is less so....
Is it possible for you to share the "another archivist" with me for my future use?
I am planning to make a trip to NARA in September (conditions permitting) and it helps to have a name.
If you don't want to post it, Private Message me please.

Thanks in advance

Back