Deadwood: The Movie -May 31, 2019 on HBO + Official Trailer and interview

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major

'Deadwood: The Movie' Is Coming — Here's What You Need To Know
The series that turned profanity into Shakespeare returns to provide some needed closure for fans.

HBO has produced a few feature films based on their original series, but they've all been terrible (Sex and the City, Entourage). Deadwood: The Movie will look to reverse that trend. More than 12 years since creator David Milch's western series went off the air, Deadwood returns in feature film form to provide some much needed closure. Fans who fell in love with the first three seasons were rightly miffed when it was announced there would not be a fourth. The movie is only two hours and it's more than a decade late, but we'll take it.

What's the deal with the new Deadwood movie? We've got answers to some of the most pressing questions you might have:

When does Deadwood: The Movie air?

May 31, 2019 on HBO.

Who's coming back?
REST OF ARTICLE: http://www.zimbio.com/TV+News/articles/c-g8QzEPZ0f/Deadwood+Movie+Coming+Need+Know

Just about everyone! The first trailer (below) confirms the returns of Al Swearengen (Ian McShane), Seth Bullock (Timothy Olyphant),

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

AshleyMel

Sergeant Major
Ok, so I watched the first season a while back but just could not continue it because I felt like it had kind of a mean spirit to it. I did enjoy parts of it very much. Loved Brad Dourif's doctor character. I know fans have been waiting for a movie. I keep wondering if I should revisit it.

Jamieva

1st Lieutenant
I think you mean Cy Tolliver formerly played by the now deceased Powers Boothe?
Nope. Actor Titus Welliver played Silas Adams. It is a shame they couldn't get the movie done before Powers Boothe passed away though. Welliver had a scheduling conflict with the filming of his Amazon show, Bosch

Silas Adams[edit]
Silas Adams (Titus Welliver), also known as "the bagman from Yankton," comes to camp to collect bribe money for Magistrate Clagget. Swearengen hires Adams to join his operation, as he is smarter than Al's other lackeys, paying him to slice Clagget's throat for extorting money from Swearengen. Adams serves Swearengen as his contact in Yankton to bring him news of the territorial changes, as well as relying on his legal counsel when dealing with Commissioner Jarry and his election proposals. He also serves as middleman between Hearst and Swearengen.
Adams has a brief, ill-fated romance with Miss Isringhausen (a Pinkerton agent).
He is a rival of Dan Dority for Swearengen's favor, although he saves Dan's life from a Chinese knife-wielder in the Season 2 finale and the two form a tenuous alliance.

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major
Nope. Actor Titus Welliver played Silas Adams. It is a shame they couldn't get the movie done before Powers Boothe passed away though. Welliver had a scheduling conflict with the filming of his Amazon show, Bosch

Silas Adams[edit]
Silas Adams (Titus Welliver), also known as "the bagman from Yankton," comes to camp to collect bribe money for Magistrate Clagget. Swearengen hires Adams to join his operation, as he is smarter than Al's other lackeys, paying him to slice Clagget's throat for extorting money from Swearengen. Adams serves Swearengen as his contact in Yankton to bring him news of the territorial changes, as well as relying on his legal counsel when dealing with Commissioner Jarry and his election proposals. He also serves as middleman between Hearst and Swearengen.
Adams has a brief, ill-fated romance with Miss Isringhausen (a Pinkerton agent).
He is a rival of Dan Dority for Swearengen's favor, although he saves Dan's life from a Chinese knife-wielder in the Season 2 finale and the two form a tenuous alliance.
Thank you! Did you happen top notice if the Chinese guy with the hogs they threw the bodies to and eventually cut off his ponytail is coming back?

Zella

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Ok, so I watched the first season a while back but just could not continue it because I felt like it had kind of a mean spirit to it. I did enjoy parts of it very much. Loved Brad Dourif's doctor character. I know fans have been waiting for a movie. I keep wondering if I should revisit it.
I don't think you're wrong about the meanness--it definitely has that, but I always loved the unexpectedly sweet moments lurking in it (though they were still kinda messed up). :smile:

And Doc was awesome! My favorite characters were actually Johnny and Dan. LOL

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!