CWT Invades Vicksburg 2019 Tour - the official thread

Added to Calendar: 10/25/19, 10/26/19, 10/27/19

Will you be attending the CWT Invades Vicksburg 2019 Tour?

• Total voters
At our Chickamauga gathering last year a few of us had hats and one couple wore period attire at our Saturday night dinner. I might wear my attire at our Hotel Manager's Socials on Thursday and Friday night.

I see. Tempting idea for me, but the most tempting idea is to dress out at Vicksburg battlefield.

Heck if I could carry a musket and have full gear I'd be sorely tempted to see if could walk the whole battlefield with "full pack". I walked that whole field at 14 years old in blue jeans and boots in July, I bet I could pull it off in full uniform and accoutrements. Even if I'm about thirty pounds heavier, and almost 16 years older.

Very tempting idea, but the NPS frowns on armed men walking their sites, and I'd miss out on very informative tours.

I can bring my 42nd Indiana gear if we are going to play dress up... If not I'm fine with that as well. (I'm the short fat one on the right...)
1073091_358665560903329_1488928978_o.jpg

I can bring my 42nd Indiana gear if we are going to play dress up... If not I'm fine with that as well. (I'm the short fat one on the right...)View attachment 325100
Bring your cover at least. We took a group picture last year at the Chickamauga Visitor Center wearing our covers.

Might be a bit early to say this but it can be said again later. If you have any period clothing,hats, accoutrements etc.,please bring them. We had some fun with it last year. . . . . . Ordered a kepi from C&C Sutlery and got it today.

Looks like you have the same hat as me. But I out-rank you this time.
I don't have any unform---just a bunch of hats. This is an important event so I have to select the proper hat for the occasion.

hats.JPG

Looks like you have the same hat as me. But I out-rank you this time.
I don't have any unform---just a bunch of hats. This is an important event so I have to select the proper hat for the occasion.
:D You take better selfies too.

At our Chickamauga gathering last year a few of us had hats and one couple wore period attire at our Saturday night dinner. I might wear my attire at our Hotel Manager's Socials on Thursday and Friday night.
I still have this one that fits too - my others have shrunk like all the rest of my reenacting clothes!
2018-10-26 14.15.27.jpg

Figured I'd try this again. Didn't get any responses the first time. Well the CWT Countdown ticket for our event now says there are 42 days left until we rally in Vicksburg. @ucvrelics has already announced that our room block/rate at The Hampton Inn has been extended to September 15th. Just want to tag a few members of CWT,as a reminder, who have expressed an interest in attending but haven't reserved a room at The Hampton or otherwise expressed an intention to attend. We are about to bump up against the reservations deadlline.

What say you?:

@scone
@Karen Lips
@rebracer
@Patrick H
@Boonslick
@Big Sarge
@Booner
@Cavalry Charger
@major bill
@Belle Montgomery
@rbsmith7
@Polloco
@Lubliner
@mt155
@Vicksburger
@KLSDAD
@CLuckJD
@J. D. Stevens

Regarding the schedule posted here:

ITINERARY:
<snip!>

My Sunday participation will be constrained by the fact my flight departs Jackson MS at 12:10 PM... meaning I need to be on the road from V-burg to Jackson by about 10:30 AM. I'm thinking I might drive along to South Fort, etc., and hang as long as I can, before hightailing it to the airport.

Won't be there. I have lots of scheduling conflicts and family obligations. But I'll be watching the "after action" reports and those will be tons of fun.

Won't be there. I have lots of scheduling conflicts and family obligations. But I'll be watching the "after action" reports and those will be tons of fun.
Roger that.

Figured I'd try this again. Didn't get any responses the first time. Well the CWT Countdown ticket for our event now says there are 42 days left until we rally in Vicksburg. @ucvrelics has already announced that our room block/rate at The Hampton Inn has been extended to September 15th. Just want to tag a few members of CWT,as a reminder, who have expressed an interest in attending but haven't reserved a room at The Hampton or otherwise expressed an intention to attend. We are about to bump up against the reservations deadlline.

What say you?:

@scone
@Karen Lips
@rebracer
@Patrick H
@Boonslick
@Big Sarge
@Booner
@Cavalry Charger
@major bill
@Belle Montgomery
@rbsmith7
@Polloco
@Lubliner
@mt155
@Vicksburger
@KLSDAD
@CLuckJD
@J. D. Stevens
It would be very last minute from my end considering the distance I have to travel. On the other hand, I have two weeks leave coming up and have been wanting to plan another trip. Let me check the coffers ... and thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Back