CWT Invades Vicksburg 2019 Tour - the official thread

Added to Calendar: 10/25/19, 10/26/19, 10/27/19

Will you be attending the CWT Invades Vicksburg 2019 Tour?

• Total voters
I should be in the neighborhood noonish. Do you have something specific in mind?
Just a few ideas. Fort Cobun at Grand Gulf was underwater during my one and only visit there in March last year. Probably underwater right now.

Not sure what is left to see of the Chickasaw Bluffs/Bayou phase of the campaign but I've not been there.

Other than Navy Circle,I haven't been to anything on the waterfront.

The McRaven House is a possibility.

Well, if y’all want, I can show y’all Milliken’s Bend area, Duckport Canal and Walnut Bayou area if you guys have not been there.

Reading about your plans for Thursday I'm starting to regret my plans for visiting Oak Alley Plantation on Thursday. :cautious:

So looking forward to meeting you all in October. :smile:
Any plans I have for Thursday depend on how early I can get there.

I plan on going and will be doing photography at sunrise and sunset if anyone else is so inclined. I have not settled on a photo schedule but I am looking to take pics all over including Port Gibson, sites along the route to Raymond and sites in downtown Vicksburg proper.

I'll be in Madison area the weekend before so I'm up for anything on Thursday as I plan to come over to Vicksburg on Wed.

Yes! Also JamesN will be staying there too. We've stayed at supposedly "haunted" places before, but seen nary a "haint", although I got some good "orbs" at Gettysburg a few years ago!. I will be looking!

We toured it in 2012 during the day. Very neat place, some places just make you feel you are back in time, that place certainly does that! Seriously, my daughter who was too young to know about the stories of it being haunted, saw a chair move by itself. I get chills thinking about her telling the story. And this all was during the day! I am not big on ghosts, but can't explain that.....?

Just a few ideas. Fort Cobun at Grand Gulf was underwater during my one and only visit there in March last year. Probably underwater right now.

Not sure what is left to see of the Chickasaw Bluffs/Bayou phase of the campaign but I've not been there.

McRaven House very good! I will bring my DVD on McRaven just for kicks, it has Tompre on it when he was a ranger at Grand Gulf.

I'm kicking around the idea of finding the military park at Grand Gulf, if that sparks any ideas.
We don't have to "find" it; we know exactly where it is - and we hope to get back to it again, too!
Image (13)crop.jpg

Vicksburg 020.jpg

See the above post for Grand Gulf; here's Confederate South Fort which fronts Union Navy Circle:

Vicksburg 019.jpg

I am still undecided to put me down for a definite, not sure. Because I am going to drive there I still have a couple months to think about it. I am panning a trip to New Jersey and many be out west. So three out of state trips in one summer and fall may be too much for me.

Last edited:
Back