CWT Chickamauga 2018 Tour - the official thread

Not true...Bill has a lovely wife who supports his habit...as do I...have a supporting wife, that is. I'm willing to support his habit as well....but he does take too many pictures some time :playfull: !!
Bill has blessed us with many different photo essays of major and minor battlefields of which a lot of us will never get to see so taking too may pictures does not seem to be the case as everyone here has enjoyed what he has shown us.

Not true...Bill has a lovely wife who supports his habit...as do I...have a supporting wife, that is. I'm willing to support his habit as well....but he does take too many pictures some time :playfull: !!

1516747722716-69538438.jpg

Here's a little thread bump nugget. A very knowledgeable and well-traveled member of CWT has offered to do a presentation in Ringgold on the action at Ringgold on 11/27/1863 as Confederate forces were retreating from Missionary Ridge/Chattanooga. He has identified the venues in Ringgold where the presentation would take place. Because of what has already been scheduled,his presentation will most likely be on Friday,10/26/2018. He has already reserved a room in our room block. Whether his presentaion is Friday morning or afternoon probably depends on how many of us arrive on Thursday,10/25. Stay tuned for more details. There is still at least one time slot open for another presentation/guided tour. If there are enough attendees and more folks wanna make half-day or less presentations/guide tours,it could be multiple choice. :D We could make that happen.

Here's a thought.... I've always wanted to hike from Orchard Knob up to Missionary Ridge. I've been told that certain parts of that hike might not be in the best of areas. Safety in numbers though, right ?!?!

It might not be suitable for a scheduled event but I'd be interested in the thoughts of other attendees.

Please excuse my ignorance - I thought all of the battlefield was remote from neighborhoods, etc. Am I wrong?

If it is a simple safety in numbers because no one should be in a remote location alone, my husband and I are in - oh I hope there aren't any snakes - but if it is through a "rough" neighborhood, I'm less convinced.

Here's a thought.... I've always wanted to hike from Orchard Knob up to Missionary Ridge. I've been told that certain parts of that hike might not be in the best of areas. Safety in numbers though, right ?!?!

It might not be suitable for a scheduled event but I'd be interested in the thoughts of other attendees.
A handful of us have already discussed spending the day Thursday at Lookout Mountain/Wauhatchie/Orchard Knob/Missionary Ridge. Looks like we'll already be marching in squad strength.

Please excuse my ignorance - I thought all of the battlefield was remote from neighborhoods, etc. Am I wrong?

If it is a simple safety in numbers because no one should be in a remote location alone, my husband and I are in - oh I hope there aren't any snakes - but if it is through a "rough" neighborhood, I'm less convinced.
Missionary Ridge is among alot of private property and areas that are open the parking canot be an issue.parts of it are not in the best neighborhood so unless you carry a 1911 at times its best to stay away.

Don't worry about the neighborhood and no, the snakes are not going to get you!

I'm LOL at this, really. You and Mr. NH CW will be absolutely fine, trust us?

Just booked our flights.
If we survive not being eaten by bears in Yellow Stone we're planning to arrive a few days before and hope to tag along on the Lookout Mountain /Missionary Ridge trip.
Sorry I don't own a gun but I'll be bringing the wife who's a black belt in Origami and give's a mean paper cut. :cautious: :biggrin:

Back