CWT 2020 Calendar - September Events! You Decide!

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
blue-calendar-vector-clipart.png

I'm collecting a list of important Civil War events for each month to put on the upcoming CWT calendar.

I have my list of ideas, but I want to see your list!

Give me your list of important Birthdays, Battles, and Events from April 1861 to April 1865...
(and the most important events before and afterwards too!)​

Birthdays: I'm looking for the Birthdays of Important and Interesting People from the Civil War. Not every Civil War General deserves to be on the calendar, or else the calendar will have 6 birthdays on every single day. Ideally we want to highlight 10 to 20 interesting people every month. One a day would be awesome, but that's not practical. I would hope that a well read student of Civil War history would recognize 90% or more of the names we select. Don't forget women, civilians, and the Navy too! Don't forget to include the birth Date and YEAR in your listing!

Battles: Here again, we probably won't highlight every single battle ever fought, but we sure want to mention the major ones, and if they span some time we may say the battle begins this day and ends this day. We want notable battles if they are small ones! Include the Dates including the YEAR, and the State fought in. Also if US or CS won battle, or if a Draw, we may include that in our listing! Depends on space limitations.

The one thing I'm not sure I want to mark are Death dates, unless you can convince me that's a good idea, I'm not really into that, I think that we've got plenty to look at with this, and Death Dates don't really add anything positive.....

With one exception. Lincoln's assassination. That's one day we can't/won't ignore.

Each event must be listed on a single day (no spanning multiple days!)

Also please write the event as you think it should be written on the Calendar: short, clean, and as concise as possible!

In a perfect calendar, I'd have 365 events and birthdays, one each for every day, but no, I don't believe I can't count on that happening.

In a few days I will ask for October events...

GIVE ME YOUR SEPTEMBER CIVIL WAR EVENT SUGGESTIONS.... GO!

gentlemanrob

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Sept. 10: Lt. General Joseph Wheeler B - Day
Sept 16: Major General G.W. Custis Lee B - Day
Sept. 17: Major General Earl Van Dorn B - Day
Sept 22: Lt. General Stephen D. Lee B - Day

Lubliner

Captain
Forum Host
I believe you are emphasizing the smaller and more precise events that carry an interesting impact, and not the overall arbitrary memories coming to light given time for a bit of thought. I could be wrong? (even in saying so).
Lubliner.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
I believe you are emphasizing the smaller and more precise events that carry an interesting impact, and not the overall arbitrary memories coming to light given time for a bit of thought. I could be wrong? (even in saying so).
Lubliner.
Let me put it this way, if the box on that day is empty, and something interesting happened that day, let's get something interesting listed in the box!

luinrina

2nd Lieutenant
Silver Patron
September 6, 1819: William Rosecrans born in Little Tyler Run, Ohio

September 13, 1813: John Sedgwick born in Cornwall Hollow, Connecticut

September 20, 1820: John F. Reynolds born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

September 22, 1862: Lincoln issues the Emancipation Proclamation

September 24, 1827: Henry Slocum born in Delphi, New York

Last edited by a moderator: