CWT 2019 Gathering. Vicksburg it is.

Where shall the CWT Gathering be in 2019? Please don't vote if you don't plan to attend.

• Vicksburg

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Spring Hill/Franklin/ Nashville

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stones River

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Shiloh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antietam

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Gettysburg

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Petersburg

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last September weekend works for me. :smile:

What kind of heat are we talking about at the end of September?
It’s a **** shoot in September. Humidity can still linger about with heavy weight that can chip a tooth. To be honest, the further you can get away from August the better. Hurricanes can hit anytime in September. Usually, but not always, October is the mark where napalm-like humidity is being replaced by normal humidity and cooler evenings. It is when bow season for whitetail opens and When the Gulf of Mexico begins to calm down a bit - but only a bit.

It’s a **** shoot in September. Humidity can still linger about with heavy weight that can chip a tooth. To be honest, the further you can get away from August the better. Hurricanes can hit anytime in September. Usually, but not always, October is the mark where napalm-like humidity is being replaced by normal humidity and cooler evenings. It is when bow season for whitetail opens and When the Gulf of Mexico begins to calm down a bit - but only a bit.
Another very good point for Civil War touring in Gulf Coast states. If Vicksburg be the group choice, October would be better.

Another very good point for Civil War touring in Gulf Coast states. If Vicksburg be the group choice, October would be better.
Got my vote, plus its a little cooler which our Northern member's will still say "How do youes guys put up with this heat"

Got my vote, plus its a little cooler which our Northern member's will still say "How do youes guys put up with this heat"
I do my solo CW touring of Gulf Coast states in January-April for the most part. Going to Natural Bridge in Florida on the first weekend in February.

For me a little earlier then last year would be good, but I could work around from sept to mid oct no prob, last year was just home overnite b4 heading to tx

Poll closes at 8:26pm CST. Get your ballots cast...please.

One more bump. Get your ballots in. Poll closes in 50 minutes.

Ok...so the poll closed last night and Vicksburg was the clear winner with 23 votes. Thanks to everyone who voted and who participated to this point.

Next decision is to choose a Quartermaster. @War Horse served as QM of the Gettysburg gatherings in 2016 and 2017. He needed a break in 2018. I stepped up in October 2017 and a year later,we converged on Ringgold/Chickamauga. Several members helped a great deal and it really wasn't that hard and it was fun. There really was a sense of satisfaction when it all came together last October. We live-blogged it too and you can see that we had a lot of fun:

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/cwt-chickamauga-2018-were-going-live.151095/

If anyone else would like to serve as Quartermaster for CivilWarTalk Besieges Vicksburg 2019,I will humbly relinquish my stripes and pledge to serve as an obedient staff member at HQ and in the field.

We'll leave the QM discussion open another day or 2.

I wholeheartedly say Vicksburg. I've been trying to arrange a site meetup there of my own but to no avail. Been talking to @Vicksburger, @Lazy Bayou, @jpro, @Andersonh1, @hrobalabama constantly about this too.

I should note as well. In late October-Early November, the Jefferson Davis Foundation is going to be touring a riverboat, the American Queen through Vicksburg on the way to Savannah, Tennessee. That should be included I think.

http://www.jeffersondavisfoundation...BS-R2jABnEnCs0gx9lZbZe0GapN9z64NfQs5lmflsoamE

But be noted, Bertram Hayes-Davis is hosting it.

I wholeheartedly say Vicksburg. I've been trying to arrange a site meetup there of my own but to no avail. Been talking to @Vicksburger, @Lazy Bayou, @jpro, @Andersonh1, @hrobalabama constantly about this too.

I should note as well. In late October-Early November, the Jefferson Davis Foundation is going to be touring a riverboat, the American Queen through Vicksburg on the way to Savannah, Tennessee. That should be included I think.

http://www.jeffersondavisfoundation...BS-R2jABnEnCs0gx9lZbZe0GapN9z64NfQs5lmflsoamE

But be noted, Bertram Hayes-Davis is hosting it.

I wish I could make it, but that's a long way from South Carolina, and I don't think we can afford a long trip this summer. But I'd love to see Vicksburg one day.

So looking forward to Vicksburg and glad it got so many votes.
After the success of last years CWT Chickamauga event why change a winning team that worked as well as it did. ( That's assuming everyone is still happy to do it.)
I'll second that, think theres a few closer to Vicksburg who can hopefully help coordinate on the ground, but assuming if same crew is willing, the old axiom of "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" would seem to apply. As dont see how last year could have gone more flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back