CWI2018

Bee

Captain
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Gettysburg 2017
Today was the beginning of CWI2018! Before the conference started, I took a stroll through Antietam Battlefield. As I was foretold, the experience was a completely different vibe than Gettysburg.

Another of the 90th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry monuments
IMG_0794.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG

The iconic and beautiful Burnside Bridge

At CWI tonight, I got to meet the beloved Professor "Bud" Robertson and was reunited with my favorite hockey buddy, Dr. Simpson :smile:

IMG_0803.JPG

Today was the beginning of CWI2018! Before the conference started, I took a stroll through Antietam Battlefield. As I was foretold, the experience was a completely different vibe than Gettysburg.

Another of the 90th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry monuments
View attachment 193390 View attachment 193391
The iconic and beautiful Burnside Bridge

At CWI tonight, I got to meet the beloved Professor "Bud" Robertson and was reunited with my favorite hockey buddy, Dr. Simpson :smile:

View attachment 193392
Have a great time guys.

The first picture you posted, of the stacked rifles and the bucket saying "a hot place" is my very favorite monument at Antietam and I took a picture of that too when I was there. You look like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy, learn and tell us all about it when you are done.

Just listened to "Coffee with a Ranger - Matt Atkinson at Gettysburg." For all of you with Facebook, I would urge you to listen - amazing teller of true tales. His talk about the 72nd Penns. monument just showed up this morning - apparently it is raining in Gettysburg and he's under a shelter. But what a hoot! Amazing machinations that went on in the late 1800s and how the monuments were placed. "Dirty" Dan Sickles in 1895 had a role in it too. Something for everyone in the talk!

@Bee - he's become my favorite ranger too!

It is 106 where I came from, and it was raining and in the upper 60's in Gettysburg. Too much of a shock for this desert dweller :cold:

You really are a West Coast girl if you need a coat for the upper '60's! :tongue:

I'm curious, Bee, how you would describe the "vibe" as being different from Gettysburg? I plan to make a trip to Antietam, myself this September.

Just listened to "Coffee with a Ranger - Matt Atkinson at Gettysburg." For all of you with Facebook, I would urge you to listen - amazing teller of true tales. His talk about the 72nd Penns. monument just showed up this morning - apparently it is raining in Gettysburg and he's under a shelter. But what a hoot! Amazing machinations that went on in the late 1800s and how the monuments were placed. "Dirty" Dan Sickles in 1895 had a role in it too. Something for everyone in the talk!

@Bee - he's become my favorite ranger too!
Thanks for the headsup! Great talk by a witty, highly knowledgeble Matt Atkinson. Others shouldn't miss it:

Back