CWI2018

The first impression that I got of Antietam, as a gentle breeze blew through the trees, was that the battlefield sighed. It is a great place to collect your thoughts, and reflect on the series of events that took place. It was not hard to visualize the carnage wrought in a small space, and in a relatively short period of time. Compared to Antietam, there are locations at Gettysburg that have a carnival-like atmosphere (LRT comes to mind). If one enjoys the backwoods is Culp's Hill, Antietam is waiting for you, in the sense of a quiet place to reflect on the Civil War.
DSC05648.JPG

Last edited:
I look at this thread and I am tempted to type in a quote from Let Us Have Peace which was the higher standard mentioned in a letter Grant wrote to his wife. Battles are fine, but the ultimate power is a good example. Justice is the ultimate power. About p. 97.

I look at this thread and I am tempted to type in a quote from Let Us Have Peace which was the higher standard mentioned in a letter Grant wrote to his wife. Battles are fine, but the ultimate power is a good example. Justice is the ultimate power. About p. 97.

If that's what you think, perhaps you're not meant for a forum that discusses a war. After all, a war is made up of battles.

Troy Harman discussing Benner's Hill.
View attachment 193873
Okay, you guys, first James Robertson, Matt Atkinson, Peter Carmichael, Scott Hartwig, John Hennesey, and now Troy Harmon. You are making it really hard not to commit a deadly sin or break a few commandments. If you tell me Gary Gallagher is there I will cry.:cry:
I am living vicarious through this thread, and wondering how one can attend next year.

Back