CivilWarTalk Christmas Cards Let See What You Got This Year

Which One Do You Like The Best?

• Total voters
Very Nice. Thanks

I am partial to #1 as my wife and I will be participating in the Wreaths Across America grave decoration this Saturday.
If you ever have the opportunity to participate in the Wreaths Across America grave decoration ceremony, I strongly recommend it.

From the North Pole,
We appreciate your application to join the reindeer squadron. Unfortunately you do not meet the minimum requirements specifically we feel lift off will be a problem.
Thank You and Merry Christmas

DSC03040.JPG

(1)

View attachment 213963
(2)

View attachment 213964
(3)

View attachment 213965
(4)

View attachment 213966
For the past few years I have challenged everyone to post their special CW Talk Christmas Cards. Lets see what our members have this year so get to work and lets see what the Holiday Season brings.

I have a problem as I have 4 this year and just can't make up my mind, so I need a little help. Which one will it be? I'm leaning #4 because of the cannon.
I like 2..but then I’m a singer.

"...let's see what you got." Got what? I see everyone picking what they like from the four options....OK....I've got a problem with the choices. And, what is that you may ask? Every choice is Confederate! Before you misunderstand me, I have no particular affiliation either way, what bothers me is there is no alternative, other than picking something Confederate! What would really impress me is something showing two Pickett Posts, both South and North, sharing what they had with each other on Christmas Eve, with the "Star in the East" shining brightly over-head. To me that would properly present the real meaning of Christmas to both sides in that awful conflict. Just my own humble, and very personal, thoughts.
J.

What would really impress me is something showing two Pickett Posts, both South and North, sharing what they had with each other on Christmas Eve, with the "Star in the East" shining brightly over-head. To me that would properly present the real meaning of Christmas to both sides in that awful conflict.
Jobe, is this similar to what you had in mind? It's the best I could do without photoshop software. Mort Kunstler called the original painting My Friend the Enemy, but for my Christmas card version, I prefer the name Peaceful Pickets. Hope you enjoy it. Happiest of holidays to you and yours.
Christmas Card Peaceful Pickets.JPG

Original art by Mort Kunstler "My Friend the Enemy" http://www.mortkunstler.com/html/store-limited-edition-prints.asp?action=view&ID=48&cat=133

Last edited:
"...let's see what you got." Got what? I see everyone picking what they like from the four options....OK....I've got a problem with the choices. And, what is that you may ask? Every choice is Confederate! Before you misunderstand me, I have no particular affiliation either way, what bothers me is there is no alternative, other than picking something Confederate! What would really impress me is something showing two Pickett Posts, both South and North, sharing what they had with each other on Christmas Eve, with the "Star in the East" shining brightly over-head. To me that would properly present the real meaning of Christmas to both sides in that awful conflict. Just my own humble, and very personal, thoughts.
J.

For the past few years I have challenged everyone to post their special CW Talk Christmas Cards. Lets see what our members have this year so get to work and lets see what the Holiday Season brings.

I have a problem as I have 4 this year and just can't make up my mind, so I need a little help. Which one will it be? I'm leaning #4 because of the cannon.

As far as the options go those are MINE so lets see "What You Got"

i voted for #2, next choice would of been #4, both seem authentic. the led lites in #3 spoils the pic i think. Texas..

Back