Custer Week 2007

This is just a heads up for whoever may be interested. Monroe, MI is hosting the 8th Annual Custer week festival, 1 Oct to 7 Oct, 2007. Im still researching all the events, but I know things like Dinner with General..portrayed by the awesome Steve Alexander..I mean, this guy is so good, he actually lives in Custers old house in Monroe!..historical round tables and ending with a recreation of GAC's and Libbies wedding in the very same church in which they were actually married. You can bet Ill be there! I found most of the information on google.

custersluck13,
Do you have any knowledge of Native Americans protesting this celebration? In Plymouth, MA the Wampanoags protest the local Thanksgiving Parade as a European genocide. Recently, a group of Lakota Sioux led a protest at a MA library that has many sacred Lakota Sioux artifacts. They claim they were stolen and should be returned to the tribe.

Freddy

Not to my knowledge, and we have a few reservations nearby. Besides, if they want to get worked up, there is the nearby River Raison battlefield they can go to! Kinda a Wa****a in reverse. Under the employ of the British, local Indians slaughtered a white settlement there.

Back